• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 Apex no fuel pump!

brapcounty

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Apex Mountain
MCXpress turbo
I have an external fuel pump in my Apex, it is not receiving power when i turn the key. Starter works fine. I have replaced the starter relay and the main switch. I have also checked the grounding blocks for corrosion and tested all four relays near my left foot..... still no power to the fuel pump. It appears that the power for the fuel pump comes from the ecu. With the ignition in the ON position, I have 12v on the blue/white and red/white wires at the starter relay, although, I am not getting 12v at the starter relay on the red/green wire.
Any help is appreciated.

Any corrosion on the wire harness for the starter relay? Mine had some, and some black oxidation that prevented a good connection.

Any corrosion on the wire harness for the starter relay? Mine had some, and some black oxidation that prevented a good connection.
there was a little, I cleaned it out with electrical connector cleaner. Just got back in, I took the wires out of the connector and inspected them. Looked really good.

Last edited:
fuel pump relay is good?

Thanks for the prompt Maim. I went back and took another look at the new relay that I replaced and apparently somebody had switched out the starter relay in the past with one from a grizzly therefore I was getting a common negative to my pigtail rather than a common positive to my pigtail with the proper relay in place. I switch the poles on the starter relay and Eureka! Everything works great. I love this site a lot of good ideas thanks for the help.

Back