• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 Apex seat

I have been selling them for several years. Very popular upgrade.

I'm not sure if Seat concepts ships direct to Canada. If not I will be happy to process an order for you and send one up your way.

Did mine 2 years ago and probably has been the best mod I have ever done to a sled! Hot ticket used to be the "mountain seats" and those (I had 3 or 4 over the years) are light years behind the Seat Concepts kit!

A few years back, compare seat height to the winder.
2021-03-02 17.38.35.jpg

Did mine 2 years ago and probably has been the best mod I have ever done to a sled! Hot ticket used to be the "mountain seats" and those (I had 3 or 4 over the years) are light years behind the Seat Concepts kit!

I second this and for measure I'm 6ft. I also installed a factory apex mountain riser at this time to.

Last edited:
got it on the 16 and it feels pretty good.

This seat looks great, I was also VERY happy with the mountain seat, in fact I can't drive an apex with a soft seat. The firmer mtx seat kept my knees at 90 degrees and totally changed the ergos of the sled. Either one is definitely needed on the apex.

I had a guy that does custom upholstery add an inch and a half of extra stiffer foam for higher seat height and less sitin (sag in). What a huge difference.
One of the better mods you can do to an Apex.

Do you have to install a handlebar riser if you go with the higher Seat Concepts seat?

depends on how you ride. for me it is not comfortable to ride with my hands around hip height, nvm adding a taller seat. i personally prefer my hands as close to shoulder height as possible as it helps with my carpel tunnel. my 16 has a +4" lake effects riser, witch is the highest i could put without moving controls with stock cables. on my 11 with the stock seat, i have a +3" lake effect riser and it works great for me when the seat is not sacked out. normally you only need to add about 2" more to keep the bars around the same height as before.

I'd suggest a pivot riser they are around $70 and if you don't like it you could always go back to stock. I have a pivot riser on my 06 with a WRP seat. I liked the height increase so much I found a factory apex mountain riser they are about or around 2inches taller than non mountain apexes. Pivot and mountain riser gave me the perfect height combination on a budget but good luck finding a mountain riser now.

I did find a lake effect plus 1.75 for my 12se yet to be installed adding pivot riser too. I also ordered a seat concepts foam and plan on reusing my factory seat cover wish I would have done that on my 06 for a stock look.

For measure I'm 6ft

Back