• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 Attak code 12, crank sensor

Warp

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 Attak
I have 2006 Attak with 35000 km. It broke down last year on the trail and got it back to garage it started again. I just changed the oil and now I got a code 12 for the crank sensor. I tried the black plug and had no ohms readings. Can I just replace the sensor box or do I have to change stator too?

Guys wanting to save money have opted to just replace the sensor as Yamaha only offers the sensor with the complete stator assembly; cannot purchase just the sensor from Yamaha. When my sensor went out, I replaced with OEM stator but have read guys have had success with replacing the sensor too. Travis of Barn of Parts has just the sensor if you choose to go that route.

Of you want to order it from inside Canada check out RM Stator in Quebec, they offer just the pickup coil for replacement without the entire stator.

So do you connect it inside the cover or outside ?

you need to pull the cover off to replace the crank sensor or the stator. make sure you get a gasket before you tear it apart as they do tear when taking them apart. i went oe on the phazer i did as no one could tell me how long the aftermarket ones last.

Yes thanks , do you know what the ohms is on a good stator

Amazing what you can find using the search function eh?

It should be a 500ohms pickup coil.
If this were my sled, I would remove the stator and visually inspect it. When they start to darken in color, that's not what you want to see.

Back