• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 nytro coolent systrem

Killerrock

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha Nytro
Yamaha Venture multipurpose
Ok so this is a multi question issues. But the issues all started 4-5 years ago. I dropped 4 studs in the the heat exchanger. I swapped my self the track out and put on a new track. I would go out on a short very test ride come back. The coolen would be low. Need more coolen this happened at the end of winter. And it dont have to setup to shake it out. Oh and it did drive 50+miles or one hour before noticing. So I replaced the track and heat exchanger. When had bad winter's I did have the time I finally just sent it in to have it fixed. They told me I have a couple leeks and fixed it. Drove the soled this year. Had to keep putting antifreeze in the system after runs but it never looked low till you popped the cap and it belches. Only out 2-3 hours on it like that. Then its blow the antifreeze out in white smoke like in your average. At brakes down movie. On the trails 30 minutes out me riding it hard hard hard. In like I've done this before and this has never happened before. So I give it a look over and decide it need to replace the Reservoir it not in the best shape. And ive been lazy to replace it. I give it a test run. I let the sled cool over night. The cap released gasses. The system belches little stronger then before. And the antifreeze goes down. I figure ok maybe its just a little air in the system. Happens. I take the sled out for a quick run down to the gas station to teach my mom how to ride. And top the sled off. I end up needing to put more antifreeze in the system. And the system belches antifreeze level drops. I tell my self in have to have a headgasket leak of some kind how ever small. I take it to one of my local shops north end cycle. They tell me they can't find anything wrong with it. I see the antifreeze is lower then when I gave it to them. I pop the cap it belches and the system lower. But I spot a puddle over under one of the lines. I just finish fixing it. So I MIT have another micro leak. Some were else. I can't see. Ok fine.

So may question is do I have a a headgasket leak, is this a symptom of Leakey coolant system. Ive never had a coolants system that after returning to ambient temperature the pressure was still different then ambient pressure.

Or maybe you might know a really really good sled guy in my area. Other then north end cycle that can give me a second opinion. As I feel like im going crazy, with the little bit if motor knowledge is have and not the time or tools to do it all. Honestly I'd hate to sell the sled off. To buy another sled. As I don't want to sell a basket case or be forced to buy a newer turbo sled. I like my naturally-aspirated 4strokes sled. Any help would be thank full

The normal level of coolant will be at the bottom of the coolant reservoir after running the sled. When you fill to the fill line, after the sled heats up, it will blow the excess out the vent line. That's where mine always ends up after filling the reservoir. That's the level where it is happy and my sled doesn't overheat. If your sled doesn't overheat, and both running board heat exchangers get hot, then there shouldn't be an air block in the system. You are not going crazy, but I don't know you, so you may be crazy already. LOL.

Back