• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 nytro refresh, help/ advice needed plenty of pictures!

Oldexciter

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
1997 ski-doo mkz 583 Yamaha rx1
I ended up getting a 2006 Yamaha nytro with 2,300 miles that's the good news.(those that will ask it was a mile a buck so not bad) the bad news is she needs some re-freshing and I'm concerned about one major issue.
My list to due..
New hyfax
4th wheel/big wheel kit
New rear shock
New HID head lights
Oil change and general maintenance
Get a pump for fox shocks..

And if that was not enough when I was un-loading her the windshield caught the top of my trailer and really messed up the plastic around the gauges and pulled it out it's resting position and may have trashed the windshield
What I'm really concerned with is the way the skis sit.. one sits straight as an arrow and the other is well not straight. I'm looking for advice on all ends of the fix

I'm not a rich man by any means so some of these fixes will take awhile but all should be done by end of sept early oct... is it snowing yet?!?!
24b8eoi.jpg

vo4n4p.jpg
2dc7k1d.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2149.JPG
    IMG_2149.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_2153.JPG
    IMG_2153.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_2155.JPG
    IMG_2155.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

Now none of my pics are working I'll try agin later
2rxz03o.jpg

Ahh damn I forgot mods please move for me I forgot sorry

To answer your question about the issue with the one ski not being straight, that could just be as simple as the skis needing to be realigned. Or in other words, the toe-in/toe-out need adjusted. I ended up going out to Lowes and purchasing an 8ft x 2in piece of aluminum angle iron to assist with the process of adjusting the toe in/out on my Apex. Once you ensure the track is properly aligned, you can use the angle iron to run along side of the track and up past the skis to make your measurement and adjustments.

To answer your question about the issue with the one ski not being straight, that could just be as simple as the skis needing to be realigned. Or in other words, the toe-in/toe-out need adjusted. I ended up going out to Lowes and purchasing an 8ft x 2in piece of aluminum angle iron to assist with the process of adjusting the toe in/out on my Apex. Once you ensure the track is properly aligned, you can use the angle iron to run along side of the track and up past the skis to make your measurement and adjustments.
Now that is some great advice and why I love this site. I can't thank you enough for the info!! I'm pulling the skid and re-placing the sliders wheels etc so I'll make sure the track is in line!

Last edited:
Short update, I contacted Travis at barn of parts. If you need anything get ahold of him. So great to work with!!!

before you get into an alignment, check the bushings as that is when the stock busings can start showing some wear in the a-arms and spindles.

before you get into an alignment, check the bushings as that is when the stock busings can start showing some wear in the a-arms and spindles.
I was acutely just reading a bit about the bushings and spindles. I'll be checking over the sled the best I can and I appreciate the reply bc I want to check everything I can replace anything remotely worn so I can have a great season! Anything else you or any one else recommends to check??

well for the plastic by the gauges, i know there is aftermarket replacement from kimpex (i think) that i have used before and it works well.

if the shocks are aluminum body in the rear suspension, odds are that they can be rebuilt for cheaper than new ones by some one like cannondale. i would reccomend doing the fronts as well as they have sat for a long time and the seals might be holding now but they could fail out on the trail and that would suck.

other than a complete fluids change (antifreeze too), i recomend at least cleaning and re-packing the speedo and jack shaft bearings. also dissasemble and blow out the clutches. they can stick when they have sat for a bit. milage is low enough that there should be nothing else wrong with clutches.

there is other stuff i have forgotten most likely but this will help make your 1st season on it awsome as it will have fewer maintence issues during the season.

well for the plastic by the gauges, i know there is aftermarket replacement from kimpex (i think) that i have used before and it works well.

if the shocks are aluminum body in the rear suspension, odds are that they can be rebuilt for cheaper than new ones by some one like cannondale. i would reccomend doing the fronts as well as they have sat for a long time and the seals might be holding now but they could fail out on the trail and that would suck.

other than a complete fluids change (antifreeze too), i recomend at least cleaning and re-packing the speedo and jack shaft bearings. also dissasemble and blow out the clutches. they can stick when they have sat for a bit. milage is low enough that there should be nothing else wrong with clutches.

there is other stuff i have forgotten most likely but this will help make your 1st season on it awsome as it will have fewer maintence issues during the season.
Thank you SO much, every time some one replies I add the checks and upgrades they recommend to my "list" I was tossing around the idea of the front shocks.. I read on here the foxs should be rebuilt between 3,000 and 5,000.. I'm hoping to put on enough to push me past the 5k point. Can cannodale do the front shocks as well? I have not tore apart the skid yet and sent Travis a pretty large part request but if I could have then rebuilt I think that would be about the same. Regardless Travis will be getting a large order. If ANYONE can point me in the direction of paint that matches the yellow that would be great!

cannondale can handle the fronts as well as he does the rear fox shocks on the vipers and sidewinders.

Contacted canndole he is going to be rebuilding all shocks, have parts on order from Travis at barn of parts, and western mich snowmobile.. had to have major surgery as soon as I get on my feet I'm pulling the a-arms to get powder'd shocks sent to cannondale.. want to install hid lights in the process so any tips would be great

Contacted canndole he is going to be rebuilding all shocks, have parts on order from Travis at barn of parts, and western mich snowmobile.. had to have major surgery as soon as I get on my feet I'm pulling the a-arms to get powder'd shocks sent to cannondale.. want to install hid lights in the process so any tips would be great

HID's are easy on your sled. Many people like Rockmeister's plug and play setup (a little spendy IMO). I have DDM Tuning HID's in 2 sleds and 2 vehicles. 55 watt, 5000K with the upgraded ballasts.

i have rocks on my sled and love how easy they where to install.

Back