• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 Rage Steering issue and 12v DC port questions

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Rage
So I managed to put on about 400 miles on my new to me Rage before the season was over for me and I want to get working on fixing/changing things during mud/bug season but I have a few questions:

First the steering, the handlebars are turned to the right to go straight and there is slop in them.
It appears where this needs to be adjusted is a link rod off of the steering post behind the engine, no room to loosen the lock nuts and adjust the length from the front, do I need to take the gas tank off to do this? If so, I cannot turn the screws that go into the aluminum tubing and hold the gas tank cover on, the screws are stripping, how do people handle that?

Second is the slop, there is a bit in one of the ball joints but most appears to be in the connections to the pivot arms, looks like there are bushings and collars in them from the parts diagram, is that what is worn out? Looks like a PIA to get at is there an easier way?

Last is where to power a 12vDC aux port so it turns on/off with the key/engine. Is there an accessory wire that can be used for this? I see a couple of wire plugs not used coming out under by the gas tank in the front.

Thanks!

~ Phil

why not get one of rocks toyz power supply? has 2 rca plugs on it and 2 usb ports for charging stuff and running heated sheilds. comes with instructions on where to install on the sled.

There is 12v accessory plug in main harness by the fuel level sensor. Can get you details when back from my trip

There is 12v accessory plug in main harness by the fuel level sensor. Can get you details when back from my trip
Hi thanks, Ive looked at the wiring diagram and see that they are calling jack 43 the AUX port, its wires are o/b and black, Ill look at that area to see if there is a connector there with those colors.

~ Phil

why not get one of rocks toyz power supply? has 2 rca plugs on it and 2 usb ports for charging stuff and running heated sheilds. comes with instructions on where to install on the sled.
Hi so I haven't heard of this, I googled it and I do not find anything that looks like its for a snowmobile, can you share a link?

scroll down on the yamaheater products page to the smart supply. it is plug and play/

Back