• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 Vector stator problems ?

apexhank

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 SIDEWINDER LTX GT (soon)!
2019 SIDEWNDER LTX DX 6000 miles
2018 VIPER LTX DX 2200 miles
2014 VIPER LTX DX 8000 + miles
2014 BENNINGTON 22 ft. PONTOON BOAT/ 90 HP Yamaha
Just heard from a Yamaha dealer that 04,05,06 Vectors and RS Rage ha ve a problem with staters going bad. I'm looking for some input as far as who has had to replace them.

Use the search feature. Search the RS forums for "stator". I found 83 matches, seems like you are not the only one with stator problems.

mine went bad on my 06 apex gt drove it in the garage in the spring went to start it in the fall wouldnt go

Stator

I've heard of some Vectors having an issue but I would question a dealers wisdom who claimed that 04 Vectors had that issue.

Re: Stator

Geezer 2 said:
I've heard of some Vectors having an issue but I would question a dealers wisdom who claimed that 04 Vectors had that issue.

I actually missed that!

I did a search and also found 83 hits but they seemed to either be un related to actual stater problems or mostly on the 05 3-holers. I believe 06 was the beginning of the hand warmer issues. I wonder if there's a connection?? Maybe the "fix" for the stator issues was to limit the power to the hand warmers...

I have about 8100 miles on my 05 vector and so far no stator issues but I do have a spare on the shelf!!

My riding partner had his fail last season. 8500 miles on an 06 Rage.

What are the symptoms?? Mine just started losing power and everything cut out including lights. Started back up but it concerns me.

I have a 2005 Rage with 7100 miles on it and it needed a new battery. It was going on 5 years old, so it was time. I'd had trouble starting it when it got real cold.I replaced the battery and thought I was good to go. Left in the morning on a ride and went 30 miles and the battery was drained. The first thing I noticed was that my faceshield which is electric was not working. Then the hand warmers shut down. Next it started to sputter and loose power,and finally quit running. the battery was dead. I took it to the Yamaha dealer in Quebec and dropped it off . I told him the symtoms and he said it was the stator. I asked if this was common and he said yes. They are fixing now and I'll pick it up this week. It would be interesting to know how many have failed!!!

Respond if you have had this problem.

;)! Combat

Mine was replaced at 6000'ish miles.

2006 Rage experienced the same thing tonight! Shutting down on high speed run. 9500 miles everything shutoff but started again??

mine quit at 11500 miles on my 06 venture, bought a stator from rmstators, alot less then the OEM stator, just waiting for it to arrive now then goin to attemped to change it. anyone change theres? it really doesnt look that bad on the rs frame, any tricks i should be aware of????

Back