• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 Venture passenger hand warmers

dangrs1

Extreme
Country
USA
Where is the relay for the passenger hand warmers on a 2006 Venture and is there also a fuse?

are you trying to check them at idle? they do not work at idle. yamaha engineered them to only work if the battery is fully charged and you are at crusing rpm. rock's toyz made a kit for them to work whenever the switch was turned on at the rear. you just had to make sure they where turned off when riding solo.

are you trying to check them at idle? they do not work at idle. yamaha engineered them to only work if the battery is fully charged and you are at crusing rpm. rock's toyz made a kit for them to work whenever the switch was turned on at the rear. you just had to make sure they where turned off when riding solo.
Passenger was complaining.

I replaced the rear grip warmers on my 2006. As it turned out, the problem was the element itself (broken wire), not a fuse/relay. The stock Yamaha ones are a bit flimsy. Maybe check that.

ohm test the grips to make sure they are good. if they are good, you might need the kit from rock for them to work how most people like them to. i had to do the kit on my dads 05 venture as my buddy was bitching wearing -50 rated mitts riding back after a sled broke one night. now everyone loves it.

Back