• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 Yamaha Apex with MPI Supercharger

CRH07

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha Apex
Last week I purchased a 2006 Yamaha Apex with an MPI Supercharger. The seller told me I am able to run a 91 octane pump fuel but when looking online I'm noticing the options are either 100% race fuel or a 50/50 mixture unless dialed down to a certain PSI. Does anyone know what it should be set at to run on premium pump gas at aprox. 900 ft elevation? The supercharger was obviously installed by the previous owner so proper tuning is not something I have any experience doing. Previous owner purchased it with 1200 miles, it now has 1829 (he was the one who put on the supercharger) so all supercharger parts have minimal usage. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

IMG_0505.jpg IMG_0503.JPG IMG_0504.jpg IMG_0506.jpg

Haven't taken it out yet, previous owner was saying 7-8lbs. At a higher elevation though, it had the full MPI supercharger kit installed. So whatever was included in that kit was installed.. Wasn't really given a whole lot of details I just didn't think it would be so difficult..

I would run race gas mix unless its 6lbs or under.. I have blown a head gasket at 8lbs on high octane.

Okay, I will lower it down a lot. Don't care to much about the power, just want it to start up and go.. Thanks!

I put 1 on a 06 switched the pulleys to lower the boost 8000 miles no issues

What will 6 lbs run you at for hp? 220???

at 6 lbs faster then a sidewinder I sold my sled to my buddy his brother had a sidewinder beat it no problem

Back