• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 Yamaha Attak

Have you checked the voltage regulator? The popping however I would think comes from the pickup coil, not the stator itself.

Previously, you mentioned the pickup sensor was showing zero ohms but then stated you replaced the stator. Was that just the stator or did it include the pickup sensor as well? When I replaced my stator, I opted for OEM so both were included and not familiar with the RM stator but do believe you could purchase the two separately (ie, stator and sensor) whereas OEM you could not. I also recall an issue when replacing the sensor with an RM that sometimes guys had to swap wires.

I replaced the stator and pick up coil last week and code 12 is gone but machine still won’t start. I did a compressor test WOT and I got cylinder 1 was 80lbs, 2 was 170, 3 was 160 and 4 was 150. Could this be a timing issue?? Also can hear compression coming out the air intake. Anyone got a similar problem?

sounding like a stuck valve or it needs valve shims checked.

Back