• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 Yamaha Snowmobile Handle Bar Update:

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
This was sent to me by a dealer as Yamaha USAs Stand on the Hand Warmer Issue:

Yamaha is continuing to advance the sport with exceptional models that have innovative features and unequaled performance.

One of the advancements we're making for our 2007 models with hooked handlebars is that the gripwarmer heating element will be full length to provide additional heat to the hook grip ends.

We want our valued 2006-model snowmobile owners with hooked-style handlebars to be able to enjoy this same feature. To maximize customer satisfaction, we are making a genuine factory Handlebar Gripwarmer Kit available for your 2006 snowmobile customers. The kit will consist of a set of the 2007 -type one-piece hooked handlebars with the grips and full-length heating elements already installed to minimize installation time. Regular retail cost for these parts would be over $125.00, but for 2006 snowmobile owners, the Handlebar Gripwarmer Kit will be offered at a low suggested retail price of just $29.99 plus labor. The cost of this accessory Handlebar Gripwarmer Kit and the labor to install it. which we anticipate will be approximately 0.5 hour, are the responsibility of the customer and are not covered under warranty.

The kit will be available in the fall of 2006. Please also note that this kit is only for 2006 models with hooked handlebars and is not recommended for any other models

Handlebars

Ho hum, about time they got a fix in place... Tom, do you know if the old bars will be given back to the owners since we have to pay for the new ones, just curious? See you next winter!

Dog

Based on my take on this. You will purchase this as a accessory and you can put them on yourself and retain your old bars if you so desire or you can have the dealer put them but would have to pay for that.

Tom

Atleast Yamaha did come out with a fix, or soon to be. To bad I already fixed mine. lol :o|

I had removed the hooks and took some BJ Knobbers and used the stock allan bolts from the hooks and cut down the knobbers and bolted them to the stock threading inside the handlebars. Seems to work pretty good.

Vince

Well;

I guess it's better than nothing but I DID EXPECT MORE, as lets face it....they NEVER WORKED RIGHT FROM DAY ONE.

Of course thats for you guys, YAMAHA CANADA hasn't said POOP YET and we paid alot more. :moon:

SORRY, but that's the way it is.

I am happy with this, and Bluedog, there just isnt going to be any other time frame because they probably werent testing replacement assemblies until March or April. Also they kept their costs down by combining them with the 07 production run. :flag:

I don't own an APEX so I probably should keep my mouth shut. It's great that they have a fix I think everyone expected that. The fact that they are charging for it is an insult. Yamaha missed the boat when they put that machine into production with handwarmers that didn't work. Everyone that bought the machine had to put up with them for a season and now charge for the fix. I'm not impressed.

For $30, I'll take it. The old bars with hooks/grips/elements would make a nice upgrade on other sleds with no hooks. Could probably sell old bars complete for $50 or more. I'm glad yam made good on this.

X-APE said:
For $30, I'll take it. The old bars with hooks/grips/elements would make a nice upgrade on other sleds with no hooks. Could probably sell old bars complete for $50 or more. I'm glad yam made good on this.

Good to see Yamaha come through with something like this would have been nicer if it was totally free but what your saying is absolutely right. For $30 you get a whole new setup as well as a complete set of spare parts not so bad when you look at it that way ;)!

Anybody know if the Apex bars have a higher bend than the old stock trailing arm sleds? If they are around 2" higher bend, I may be interested in a take off set.

Back