• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 Attak GT - Clutch Offset Specs - No info from SLP

snomobubl

Extreme
I am aligning the clutches on my 2007 Attak GT. I am new to this and just bought a Straightline Performance Universal Clutch Alignment Tool. Although it looks pretty cool and functional, I was disappointed that it did not include any Yamaha clutch offset settings. The directions had the information for all other major manufacturers and even aftermarket companies. However, for Yamaha it says "Yamaha 1986-2008 - Go to totallyamaha.com". Really? I believe that If a company is going to make a professional product and command a premium price, they should provide professional information to help the customer utilize it properly. So here I am chasing this information down on the forums. I did a search and was not able to find the offset specs. If anybody has this info I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

pic

Attachments

• clutchalign.jpg
    clutchalign.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 1,132
Apex 06 - Thanks for the info on the clutch alignment spec!

When I used the SLP Universal Alignment Bar and the offset spec 15mm for my 2007 Yamaha Attak, I was not coming anywhere close to touching the inside of the primary clutch. The photo you provided tells me why. The Yamaha spec is measured from the rear side of the primary fixed sheave to the rear side of the secondary moving sheave vs. the way that the SLP bar is used to measure the offset distance (outside of the secondary fixed sheave to the inside of the primary fixed sheave).

I might be able to use the SLP bar set to 15 mm and measure it the way Yamaha does. It would be great if SLP had provided the spec based on how their alignment bar is used to measures the distance.

Thanks,

Going to bump this up. I also just purchased this "universal" tool, and now I see that it measures a different way than Yamaha does. WTH. I have an 03 RX1 and 2 1990 Phazer II's to align.

Did you figure out how to make the tool work correctly?

Attachments

• instructions151102.pdf
    98.5 KB · Views: 170

Back