• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 Attak vs. 2008 Apex LTX GT

ktmhk53

Suspended
Greetings,
With limited snowfall last year there are likely to be many new 2007 Attaks still available from dealers. How much lower in price would a 2007 Attak have to be for you to consider buying one instead of a 2008 Apex LTX GT? Or, are there enough improvements in the 2008 to ignore a modest price savings of, say, $1000.00 or so on the Attak?

ktmhk53

ktmhk53 said:
Greetings,
With limited snowfall last year there are likely to be many new 2007 Attaks still available from dealers. How much lower in price would a 2007 Attak have to be for you to consider buying one instead of a 2008 Apex LTX GT? Or, are there enough improvements in the 2008 to ignore a modest price savings of, say, $1000.00 or so on the Attak?

ktmhk53

Far as I know they are the same except for graphics...Now is the time to buy one..don't forget the 07 has depricated in value even if new..so get a good deal not just the depreciation factor.

new apex ltx gt lists for 12k and has stiffer susp. and ohlins on the front, I would sell my 07 gt for 8k according to my dealer, but there is know way in hell I would pay 3k+ to trade for a new one. The front shocks on the front of the 07 are awesome anyway and the rear can be fixed for 200$ or so, if you can find an 07 go for it. In my area it was tuff to find a gt at the end of the year, but I am sure there are some out there.

I owned an 07 Attak GT and now own an 08 LTX. I am disappointed in the lack of improvements. I understand the rear suspension has been recalibrated and the front shocks are now Fox. The possible problem with buying an 07 is the potential depreciation. I suspect in the long run you'll make out better with an 08.

I bought a Red 07 GT Attak cause the new 08 color is ugly. Sorry 08 owners, maybe it will grow on me but I just don't like the looks of it. I doubt the slight changes in supposed suspension tuning will be noticed. I never bottom out either the 06 or the 07 anyway. Huge savings in $ on 07 if you can find one. What will the Ohlins do that the GYTR fronts wont anyway?

I agree with you 100% knapp. I can't see how the front shocks could be anybetter. I weigh right at 200lbs and in certain bumps it bottoms pretty easily (the rear,not the front), BUT, in most conditions it is fine and those that have rode it say its the best riding sled they have ever been on. These statements are coming from a guy with a f7 sp and a 03 vertical escape both of which I have also owned and they are considered good riding sleds. Granted it iwill not jump like a f7, just too heavy for that but in 99% of my riding it is great.

07Attak vs. 08 Apex LTX

I have heard the rear suspension calibrations to the 08 have reduced bottoming and improved handling. I find it hard to believe that the Ohlins fronts are significantly better than the Soqi piggybacks on the front of the 07. :-o

It was an easy decision for me. I talked to my dealer about the 08 LTX GT and he wanted over $11,000 + tax. I picked up a brand spankin new 07 Attak GT for $8,200 + tax. :Rockon: Put the 3k in my pocket for gas and any needed accessories (maybe a spring upgrade on the rear - Im a 270 pounder, new skis - I hear they are not that great, or that new trailer I will need for the long boy).

Cat wait to get her on the snow! :moon:

Attak and Warrior are same length.

i would agree i am a yamaha salesmen and if you can find an 07 attack you will save money. for some accesories youll be wanting and the differance in shocks not that much.

Stay with the 07. No reason to pay the extra $$$ for the same sled. Worse case use the clams you save and upgrade the airbox, plugs, swaybar and still end up ahead. An excel pipe may be nice too

Or get the 07, buy an 08 decal kit, and a set of shocks....lol

Still cheeper in the long run...

1CS

Re: 07Attak vs. 08 Apex LTX

snomobubl said:
I have heard the rear suspension calibrations to the . I picked up a brand spankin new 07 Attak GT for $8,200 + tax. :Rockon: Put the 3k in my pocket for gas and any needed accessories (maybe a spring upgrade on the rear - Im a 270 pounder, new skis - I hear they are not that great, or that new trailer I will need for the long boy).

Where did you find that deal?

Re: 07Attak vs. 08 Apex LTX

snomobubl said:
I have heard the rear suspension calibrations to the . I picked up a brand spankin new 07 Attak GT for $8,200 + tax. :Rockon: Put the 3k in my pocket for gas and any needed accessories (maybe a spring upgrade on the rear - Im a 270 pounder, new skis - I hear they are not that great, or that new trailer I will need for the long boy).

Where did you find that deal?

Back