• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 Big Bear 400 front drive axle help

noflipside

Veteran
I took RF wheel off and felt what appears to be a bearing issue when turning drive shaft. I attempted to get axle nut off and see there looks like the top of the nut is peened into a key way. ATV only has 500 miles on it. As this is our first quad looking for some insight into this repair. I did drift/prick punch some of the nut away where it was peened over but still can not get nut to budge. Also is this a cv joint or wheel bearing issue. LF felt just fine. thanks

When I took the RF drive shaft off I could only feel the "imperfection" on the inner cv joint when I held it and twisted it. The outer cv was smooth. I dissasembled joint and could only feel what appears to be nicks in the out side coller after removing the ball bearings. I thought I would see some apparent damage but could only feel it with the tips of my finger. I figure this damage is magnafied as it is transmitted out the shaft during operation as the noise was apparent.

Back