• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 pciii fuel map

Apex2007se

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Apex
Looking for an economy map or 87 octane performance map. Tried ulmer but no response when phoning or by email.

Looking for an economy map or 87 octane performance map. Tried ulmer but no response when phoning or by email.

Good luck with that. I have tried many many maps and never really changed the economy. Add more power and thats about it.. a good clutch kit will help more then a PCV if your looking for fuel economy. Just my 2 cents.

i thought the older apex's ran better running on 87 vs 91?

Good luck with that. I have tried many many maps and never really changed the economy. Add more power and thats about it.. a good clutch kit will help more then a PCV if your looking for fuel economy. Just my 2 cents.
I thought 2006 to 2010 came rich from the factory. The maps u have did they lean them down in the mid range. My understanding is because they are rich u don’t have to add fuel with an air box mod

Yes they are a little on the rich side. Ran an airbox mod, exhaust mod and clutching for a few years. Fuel economy and top end was the same as a non mooded apex.
Only gains were more noise from the sled.

Yes they are a little on the rich side. Ran an airbox mod, exhaust mod and clutching for a few years. Fuel economy and top end was the same as a non mooded apex.
Only gains were more noise from the sled.

Agree 100% little mower power but no real fuel savings.

Sorry to disagree guys but, yes, the first gen Apex's are overly rich just about every where. But especially at cruising speeds.
I've leaned my sled out at part throttle as much as -15 in certain cells in the map.
But I'm also running 93 octane (with ethanol) religiously.
87 w/o ethanol would be comparable in the map I believe.
But keeping your thumb out of the throttle still remains the best way to improve mileage.
A tough task with a hi-performace machine.
We didn't buy them for fuel mileage!

Sorry to disagree guys but, yes, the first gen Apex's are overly rich just about every where. But especially at cruising speeds.
I've leaned my sled out at part throttle as much as -15 in certain cells in the map.
But I'm also running 93 octane (with ethanol) religiously.
87 w/o ethanol would be comparable in the map I believe.
But keeping your thumb out of the throttle still remains the best way to improve mileage.
A tough task with a hi-performace machine.
We didn't buy them for fuel mileage!

And there is my problem...LOL ..heavy thumb.. still the best I ever got on my Apex with all that stuff added was 12mpg

I've ridden with quite a number of different brands and sizes of sleds over the years. Even being setup rich from the factory, the Apex does well on mileage considering its engine size.
For comparison purposes:
An early 2000's Cat ZR900 I did quite a bit better than.
A 2005 Doo Mach Z with 1000sdi, I did a little better than.
A 2016 Doo 800 Etec Renegade bout the same.
My wifes Doo 600Etec, not even close.
I got my mapping at cruise and light throttle speeds much closer too where they need to be for better mileage and throttle response. But I ran out of time at the end of last season to verify any results. Hoping to do that this year.

Back