• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 phaser rtx code 12 after oil change HELP

Trxratt

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Yamaha phaser max
I picked a 2007 Yamaha phazer rtx all running and going with 7200 miles on it did a short grass run just to make shure it ran great. Started it let it warm up today then changed the engine oil and filter. Then did the chain case oil. Then put the air box in and started it to fill the oil filter and check and top it off all went well. Shut it off filled it the rest of the way put all the panels on it. Went to start it after the panels were put on it dosent start just turns over and shows code 12. Any idea what I did wrong.

crankshaft sensor or circuit problem ... that is what it says for code 12.

I'd be checking connectors that might have been loosened.

for what its worth, I got code 12 last winter and it ended up being a short in my stator pick up wire, had to replace the sensor. Not saying that's the problem, but that's what my code 12 ended up being.

Dose anyone know which connector goes to it and where it’s located.

if memory serves, by the chaincase but it has been a few years since i did a stator on one.

Just put a factory Yamaha stator and gasket in it and still have the same code 12 and dosen’t run anyone have an idea

Back