• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 Venture RS - new to me: thoughts, observations, and questions

Would the vent tube be the furthest on the right? Its aluminum -> rubber hose -> to alum.

That red arrow in your first pic is pointing to the throttle cable and not a vent tube or hose.

Okie dokie. Did some more digging.

Understood on the plug boot/coil. MAN, those are long (that's what she said). So before I go yanking on those, I'd like to see if I can get the carb bowls full.

Rob-X: thank you for the exploded view pic. It's likely just me but Im not 100% if I am seeing the right thing. First pic in this post is a view of the engine from the front. Would the vent tube be the furthest on the right? Its aluminum -> rubber hose -> to alum.

In the same pic, the top red shut off is currently set to ON. I assume the bottom one follows the same position to be on? Ie. both pointed up?

For the throttle: the throttle has pressure when i push on it (as if to give it power). When I push the throttle, the rail on the carbs moves back and forth smoothly. Im more talking about ... the whole lever is just loose. In the two next pics: first one is what I believe to be the proper 'position' of the throttle mechanism. It's only here when I hold it in place. The second pic is where the throttle sits without being held. Its 'off center' so to speak. If I jiggle the throttle, it bounces around .. yet the cable stays taut, if that makes any sense.
the movement you are seeing is the tors switch in the throttle block. helps stop a runaway sled when throttle cable freezes/sticks open. movement there has been normal since the mid 80's on a yamaha.

the movement you are seeing is the tors switch in the throttle block. helps stop a runaway sled when throttle cable freezes/sticks open. movement there has been normal since the mid 80's on a yamaha.
Huh. I so do not remember there being that much play there last season. Its only once the cover was off that i noticed it. So weird.

Gonna try getting her started today. I noticed that one of the lines from onr of the pumps to the rail has a kink in it so gonna go get some replacement hose and change that.

Huh. I so do not remember there being that much play there last season. Its only once the cover was off that i noticed it. So weird.
@maim is correct about the play. Maybe you just didn't notice it until this year but here are examples from 03 RX-1:
RX1Idle.JPG
RX1Full.JPG

08 Apex:
08ApexIdle.JPG
08ApexFull.JPG

And 18 Apex. All normal:
18ApexIdle.JPG
18ApexFull.JPG

Greetings folks,

So after a series of unfortunate health issues, finally got out on the sled today. Was a long time coming. But alas, didnt feel like smooth sailing.

Back when i posted the issues above, i got the sled started (was actually way easier than i thought it would be) but then the health issues crept up. Anywho ..

Went for a ride today. About 50km. I noticed something really bizarre (or what i feel is bizarre). It feels like the sled is very much over-revving. Very well hard packed trail, just myself on the sled (195lbs) .. at around 53-55km/h, revving about 6000rpm and at 70, around 7000rpm. Maintaining .. not butterflying the throtttle. Just maintaining speed. I feel like the power is still there but it feels like the engine is working way harder than it should be. It almost feels like its running one cylinder short. Belt looks good, deflection is ok. Havent really checked anything cause im not certain where to start (assuming there is actually something wrong and im panicking for no reason).

Anywho.... yeah, thats today haha

Also, just because ..hope you all are doing well. Its been a rough couple of months so it got me thinking about 'life' in general and putting good stuff out there. So i hope everyone is doing well, are all safe, n all that jazz

all the wheels in suspension turning freely?

ventures are clutched weird and soft so they tend to rev more and take longer to translate into speed.

all the wheels in suspension turning freely?

ventures are clutched weird and soft so they tend to rev more and take longer to translate into speed.

Hmmm. I hadnt checked but i suppose its possible. I dont have a stand so it'll be tough to check but i will figure something out.

I just dont remember it revving that much last year. I know last season i had it up to 119 km/h and it didnt feel like it was revving as high as it was at 70km/h yesterday. As i say, 6000 at 53 or 54km/h seems awwwwwfully high to me. Id expect closer to 5000.

But, to be fair, i also didnt remember the extra play in the tors switch so wtf do i know? Lol

Back