• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 Will not stay Running

Horizonls

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Yamaha Apex Se
2007 Yamaha Phazer (Wifes )
2015 Yamaha Viper LTX SE (Current Ride )
My 2007 Phazer Gt will not stay running , while riding this weekend is was boggy for the first 30 minutes then died on the trail.
I brought it home and after it cooled down it fired right back and then died 3 minutes later, and then will not start until it cools down again.
Any ideas?

Fouled plugs? Bad gas? throttle position sensor? Any flashing lights or codes?

Fouled plugs? Bad gas? throttle position sensor? Any flashing lights or codes?
No it does not show any codes and seems to only die after it is warmed up, then will not restart. Let it sit for 6 hours and it fires right up.

ground blocks good?

after that i would go after coils, cdi or stator as those can change in resistance value when heated or cooled. check with ohm meter 1st before changing parts unless you have a buddy with the same sled willing to let you test with his parts for the problem.

I thought I will try it one last time, and it stalled twice but I was able to get it to run without shutting down for 5-7 minutes. Weird could be some water in the injectors .

throw a can of sea foam in the fuel tank and let it sit for a few hours before you try it again. lets the sea foam crawl up the lines to get rid of the water.

Hot running issue could be a bad coil, and with 1 cylinder dead it’s very hard to keep running or restart it. Weak coils usually spark ok when cold and loose strength as they warm up. Could also be a failing fuel pump.

I added some Yamaha fuel stabilizer and it seems to have fixed the issue, it will stay running so far.

might have been water or crud in the injectors then.

Back