• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008' 40th Anniversary Decal Placement

Gone Blue

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
08' Nytro RTX 40th Anniversary - Stretched
I picked up a 40th Anniversary RTX last year as a project and recently realized that it was missing some of the 40th stripe decals on the nose cone. I am looking for someone who has them on there 40th sled and if you could send me some close up pictures and maybe some measurements that will help position the decals correctly on my sled. I was able to have Kevin at Port get these stickers for me. Some of the 40th stickers are discontinued from Yamaha and no longer available. Thanks, G.B.

20170128_192101.jpg My sled w/o the decals

upload_2018-3-10_11-14-18.png
Picture of sled with the decals I am looking to install right behind the front bumper on the nose cone.

That lower nose decal started peeling off the first year of riding mine. I didn't like the looks of it there anyways so I removed them. Looks better without so I wouldn't put the effort or money into replacing them.

Mines a 40th too. Also like the sled without them. Mine were missing when I got my sled. Don't think they stick even if you got them repops.

Haha, thanks Grizz and SXV. That's probably why mine are missing on my sled too. Too late though, I already bought the two stripe decals, $30 for both. I will be sure to clean the nose cone real well with alcohol before I stick them on and see how long they last. I also think it looks cleaner without the stripes. However, I like the 40th Anniversary colors so much I wanted it to be complete once I found out the nose stripes where missing. G.B.

I added some color down there with a two toned front bumper.
IMG_5794.JPG

IMG_5805.JPG

Wow, that looks really good Grizz! I like the spindles black as well. G.B.

Just painted the spindles because I didn't want to take a chance on weakening them with the powder coat procedure. The gray just didn't work with those colors.

Just painted the spindles because I didn't want to take a chance on weakening them with the powder coat procedure. The gray just didn't work with those colors.
Yeah, I have read about how powder coating high strength aluminum parts is not good. Thanks, G.B.

I never heard that about powder coating and powder coated mine this year, tweaked both! Bought 2013 black spindles to replace them.

I never heard that about powder coating and powder coated mine this year, tweaked both! Bought 2013 black spindles to replace them.
I think what happens is that the stock spindles are heat treated and the post bake after powder coating tempers the spindles and reduces their strength. G.B.

I would still be interested if anyone has an 08' Anniversary that still has its nose decals on that they could send me some close up pics and measurements on their placement. Since I bought the stickers already I might as well put them on and see how long they last. G.B.

try looking for pics by crewcheif as he has a 40th mtx nitro.

Although I sold my 08 Nytro to make room for the 18 Apex XTX, I still had the pictures I used to advertise it so hopefully these close-ups will help. And just for the record, I had to replace the one side but thought it was because it was a leftover (bought new in 2012) and was exposed to the elements during that time. After replacing it, I never had an issue with it or the other side coming off and I actually like the looks of those lower emblems and would be like you and want it original.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Awesome, thanks RobX-1! Your pictures will help a lot. Thank you. G.B.

Back