• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 Apex fuel gauge funky

rat4020

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Polaris and Turboed Apex in a off road buggy
Gauge doing this the tank full and yellow light is flashing
GetAttachmentThumbnail

Last edited:

Could be either a faulty fuel sender or maybe the contacts need cleaned up. When mine acted up, the fuel bars was showing full but they were also flashing. Here's a post I created where I was able to clean up the contacts which helped but ultimately had to replace the sender.

Thanx much I will change out the sender tonight . I have one from the 2006 Apex mountain that was the donner motor

You might get lucky and your fuel sender's contact area just needs cleaned up with a piece of emery cloth but at least you're able to swap to verify its the sender.

Something else I wanted to mention is that it may just be a loose connection. One time when I had the tank off, I forgot to plug the connector back in and when I started the sled, there was a code. Doesn't appear yours is throwing a code but would be something to check as you tear into it. ;)!

The sender is bad or the connection is bad. I have a good one and tested the resistance and it was all over the place, I have another one that was unknown and it was perfect 0 ohms full 90 empty. If there is no connection at all it will flash, the entire display. Just unhook it to see that work. Otherwise if its not flashing and its just the yellow light then it needs to be replaced. I looked at mine and couldn't figure out a way to repair them.

With mine, if I positioned the brush on the contact surface for the Empty spot, it would work but as I moved it to the Full position, the display would flash. What I did was disassemble the sending unit and use a piece of emery cloth to clean up the contacts and the surface. Although I was able to get it work better (ie. could move from Empty to Full) further along the contact surface before the display started flashing, there ended up being a bad spot on the board so I replaced the unit.

4.JPG3.JPG

Thanx to all I changed out the sender and all's well, gauge works as it should. Now on to my next problem
GetAttachmentThumbnail

Last edited:

Back