• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 nitro turbo fuel problem

Winwinofsky

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 nitro turbo
Hoping someone can help me. Have mcxpress on my nitro. Fuel pump heats up and shuts sled down. After packing snow on it and waiting it will fire up.
Is location of pump critical.

20200323_190758.jpg

I have my pump on the side of the battery on the mpi setup

Thx. That’s where mine was as well. I heard that it needed to be below the fuel level. Problem starts when fuel level gets low and idling or moving slow.

The pump gets hot. Have to pack snow around it and let it cool down. Then it runs ok. Until the next time.

I see on yours you have the fuel line covered on the one side. Reason?

I think I had covered it for wear(rubbing) and maybe heat from engine. I have never had this trouble on a low tank that you are describing. I imagine the pump is cheap? I think I would go to the auto store and try a new one?

what kind pump are you running?Pressure? Thx
I think I had covered it for wear(rubbing) and maybe heat from engine. I have never had this trouble on a low tank that you are describing. I imagine the pump is cheap? I think I would go to the auto store and try a new one?

I’ve gone through three new pumps. Lowered pump. Will see how it performs. Thx again.

3 Ouch... I'm not sure the pump off hand. Pressure is 45-47

Interesting, not sure on that myself. Hopefully some other guys can give input on that.

I find External pumps do not last. I had a msd pump and it did not make it 2 months. I have switched over to a wallbro 255 pump and it usually lasts about 2 years now then starts making lots of noise and acting funny. So I switch it out. I also have my pump mounted at the battery location

I find External pumps do not last. I had a msd pump and it did not make it 2 months. I have switched over to a wallbro 255 pump and it usually lasts about 2 years now then starts making lots of noise and acting funny. So I switch it out. I also have my pump mounted at the battery location

if I could get two years out of it I’d be happy. I had mine mounted same place. Have lowered It to bottom of the battery. Some say it needs to be below fuel level? Also read that in front of steering rack where it will get cooler air.

Back