• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 Nytro FX small engine squeak

Brad Jones

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
None Yet
Hi all,

New to this forum and to sledding in general. Hoping to buy a sled for this coming winter.

I went and looked at an 08 Nytro FX a couple days ago. It had 12k kms on it, overall looked to be in good condition, a few things like sliders and the rear shocks could probably use a rebuild. Clutch was really loud but from what I've read that's normal.

I did, however, notice that, at idle, there was a very small squeak that could be heard from the brake side of the engine, couldn't hear much but the clutch on the other side as the squeak was quite small. It wasn't a steady squeal, just a squeak. I couldn't pinpoint where it was coming from as things are pretty compact in there. From everything I read, these motors are excellent but I wasn't sure if this squeak could have been something internal like a crank bearing starting to go.

Any information or past experiences would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!

welcome to the site!

never ownd a nitro but others will chime in.

If he’s got a brand new belt on it that hasn’t been worn in they can have a bit of a chirp, or a constant squeal at idol until the clutch engages.

Back