• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 Nytro with a 2012 Vector gauge

Blue08Nytro

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 Yamaha Nytro RTX
Hey guys, I've read many older forum threads about doing the 3cyl EFI Vector gauges on a Nytro and I finally got ahold of a used one for a decent price. I have a few questions I havent seen talked about in any other threads. First off I know the clock will reset as it doesn't have a constant power wire and that needs to be ran if you want the clock to stay correct but what I want to know is how to get the EPS (electric power steering) light to turn off since there is no power steering on this sled is it as simple as finding the right pin and grounding it out or do i need to open the cluster and desolder it and mess with that? Second of all do I need to extend the stock wiring harness for it to plug in as the mounts that I've seen made on other threads push the gauge out farther from the original mounting position? TIA

Last edited:

can't comment on getting rid of the eps light, i have never tried or heard of anyone else trying.
bought mine from a member on here that made his own mount from plastic, (might have been from another dash panel but i would have to look at it again) very similar to the one in the tech facts if i remember right. it only raised it a couple inches and i did not need to extend the wiring harness.

can't comment on getting rid of the eps light, i have never tried or heard of anyone else trying.
bought mine from a member on here that made his own mount from plastic, (might have been from another dash panel but i would have to look at it again) very similar to the one in the tech facts if i remember right. it only raised it a couple inches and i did not need to extend the wiring harness.
Ok cool. Im working on a mount right now so if i have to extend it i will. But im only moving it out about 1.5" from the stock position so im hoping if i snip a few of the zip ties off the harness in the under hood area i maybe able to get some length.

Back