• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 or 2009 RTX?

M_N

Veteran
Hi

I had decided to buy a new, left over 2009 RTX but has been offered a low milage 2008 with some nice options (Ohlin's front shocks + 128" Cat track + better ski's). Price is about the same for both.

I'll have to act quickly on the used -08, so would appreciate if someone could list the things Yamaha changed for -09 and also what updates and recalls that are necessary for the -08.

Thanks!

I dont think they really changed much at all, if anything. The 08 seems like its probably pretty good, with the extras, especially the 128" track

09 leftover would have warranty if it's from a dealer - I have not ridden a phazer with ohlins, but the first thing I went after on my 09 RTX were the ski's and the track, they are definitely the first to go on any yamaha sled. I don't know of any updates required on the 08 sleds. Seems they worked all of that out on the 07's (had one of those too).

I saw an 07 fx at a restaraunt one day and it had ohlins front suspension. i know it was 07 because they didnt bring out the 08's yet.

Thanks for the response so far.
Did the -08 come with the tunnel closed?

woolyviper - what ski's did you put on your 09rtx? I've run slidogs on an attak and liked them. Is this what you are running? What colour did you get?
thanks in advance
snoguzzler

snoguzzler1 said:
woolyviper - what ski's did you put on your 09rtx? I've run slidogs on an attak and liked them. Is this what you are running? What colour did you get?
thanks in advance
snoguzzler
Simmons Gen I - Blue with silver - I put them on after the season, so I don't have ride report - I had C&A's on my 07 FX, they worked good, but steered pretty heavy.