• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 RS Vector won't run off idle

mebelee

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2010 Yamaha Vector GT
2008 Yamaha Vector GT
2020 Yamaha SnoScoot
1979 Arctic Cat Pantera
1974 Chaparral SSX
1997 Polaris Ultra SPX SE
Replaced the ENTIRE fuel circuit, from filters to carbs, pumps too, fuel lines ,vacuum lines ! (included a new choke cable). Damn thing was a bitch to get started...no fuel in bowls initially ??
Warmed up fine, after a tweak to the idle screw. AS soon as any amount of throttle, she stalls. Starts right up again ( engine is at operating temp), but as soon as any gas is given... shuts off. Where did I go wrong ??

Possible TORS issue?

Stupid question, but have you synced the carbs?
no i had planned to but I was thinking that something else was wrong and I should fix that first ??

Stupid question, but have you synced the carbs?
Yeah I did, used the gauge I made with the help of a fellow ty4er. Worke GREAT - took VERY little turnage of the adj screws. Had to go back and forth a few times between # 1 & #2 but finally got it dialed in, I think. Off idle stalling till persists, though.

Possible TORS issue?
Well, that may be the issue, carb sync went fine.
Still stalls , or wants to when I feed it. How do you trouble shoot the TORS?

for test purposes only! you unplug the wires going to the block under the idle adjustment screw and plug them together. if it runs bypassed, you need to check throttle freeplay as that can cause it to activate when the throttle cable is too tight.

Tx give it a try tomorrow

Thanks. Carbs are used- took off bowls all looks clean inside.

These sleds are notorious for plugged pilot jets.

for test purposes only! you unplug the wires going to the block under the idle adjustment screw and plug them together. if it runs bypassed, you need to check throttle freeplay as that can cause it to activate when the throttle cable is too tight.
Looks like it's a T.O.R.S. issue. 2008 RS Vector. The only electric plug I can see is on the "other" side of the carbs opposite the adj screw. FOUR wires - how do you test it ? Thank you !

it should only be a 2 wires sharing the same loom. that 4 wire sounds like the tpms sensor plug.

Maybe this will help.

Back