• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 Big Moose Shoot Out

In :Rockon: For Feb. 7

This past weekend we were up getting rained on as well, so.....

:drink: Knotty Pine Friday night

Got some wrenching done Saturday - too rainy to test, so.....

:drink: Old Mill Saturday night

Watched the rain turn to partly sunny and 50 degrees Sunday (huh?)

Had to come home to sober up ;)!

On a brighter note - last years winner is a year further up the teen ladder - so maybe his attention will turn elsewhere ( like girls ) and leave us older farts a fighting chance ?

Keep us posted and let me know if you need anything :rocks:

Andy,we are thinking of doing a stocker side of the race as well, same deal double elimination. I just got home sun night!! rain sucked.

We seen turbomark at the tavern the day after X-mas.

You better have more meat to that S/C this year. for me and dad got more turkey to chase for you!!!!!

Conditions will get better as they always do, Also I hear their might be some Boosted DOOS coming if Justin at full power performance is straight with no problems.

Should be a blast this year!!!!

Is there any interest in going 1320? It will certainly separate the sleds set up drags at 1000 ft from trail sleds. You won't have to gear down your trail sled to be competitive and why not wind these things up to there potential. Its easily another 10 mph in the extra 320 ft. Since its on lake whats the difference. Is this shoot out for the quickest sled or the fastest?

Backyard dragrace, it's who ever gets to the finish line first...
1320 should do just fine by me!

Last year we went to do 1000 foot but the conditions weren't the best so we shut it down to 800 maybe 750.

I feel most races on lakes and most the people there will want to run 1000. It gives guys with out the big boost numbers a chance to have a good fighting chance as well.

We stretch it out to 1/4 mile and the only ones left on the race track are guys that can run 20lbs. boost or more.
(also you rear mount guys need the full run to go fast) Just joking

I would like to keep it 1000 foot. but I am only one person.

The best way is to ask everyone what they want to run at slickers or on the lake like we did last year so all can see the conditions.

aj

I don't care if it's 250 feet, it will still be a blast! It would be even better if it were 250 feet from the Glenmore!!! HAHA!
And that would be closer anyhow for the guys that have to tow their front mounts back to shore... Ppffsss.

Guys if we can get a head count so we can get the T shirts made up that would be great

right now I have:

aj636
speed
Mbarry
mcapex44 plus 3
Millstreet
big moose turbo.

Speak up if you are coming,
Thanks
aj

Should we post this in the TY Ride/Event section as well? Or in the Lounge section? Not sure how many people might not see this since they might not browse the Turbo/Supercharger section. Just thinking alot of people might not even know about this.

Ill be there xxl t shirt for me!! Aj it was great to see you and Art last week. Ill be back up in two weeks need a week off to sober up a bit. :drink:

turbo mark said:
Ill be there xxl t shirt for me!! Aj it was great to see you and Art last week. Ill be back up in two weeks need a week off to sober up a bit. :drink:

I hear you!!
we are heading up this thurs. guess there is a plowed track on first lake, go messing with some Z1 turbos on sat. Should be fun at least dial some clutching in.

Hey andy you going up?? you should come down and maybe I will let you ride my sled. LaLaLa :tg:

BIGMOOSETURBO said:
I'll get this on American Snowmobiler also to get some of the other brands involved.

I didn't think of that yet, Good call. I guess its time to get this linked up on a few other sites as well, and get some info together for everyone.

I will work on this.

Thanks

aj

Just to keep everyone on the same page.

1000 foot race (might change on weather,conditions, visabilty)
Hard pack no straight Ice
No race suspensions(pro lines,wahls, etc.)
Stock chassis
Trail ridable sleds
turbos, Superchargers, big bores, nitrous, bolt ons, etc.
any type pics or amount of pics you want
Race fuel is good if you want

Good Attitudes a must!!!

Back