• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 Nytro MTX - Exhaust Mod

cptCuervo

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha Nytro MTX
Hey all,

I just bought my first snowmobile this year for backcountry skiing in CO (2009 Nytro MTX) and I'm hoping I can find a good way to mod the exhaust so it doesn't blow on my ski racks (and melt skis, packs, etc.)

I found one idea using Flexy exhaust wrapped in header tape to pipe it out the back, but I would love some other ideas from others that may have tried to solve this issue on the Yamahas.

Here is one idea:

IMG_1901-sled-rack-1.jpg

Any other thoughts or experiences?

Cheers.

Thank you for the feedback. I considered a turnout, but I will have ski mounts on both sides, and turning out the exhaust will render one side of the ski racks useless. Trying to avoid melting gear :)

@MrSled - I'm curious why you suggest dumping it to the track instead of the back?

Thank you for the feedback. I considered a turnout, but I will have ski mounts on both sides, and turning out the exhaust will render one side of the ski racks useless. Trying to avoid melting gear :)

@MrSled - I'm curious why you suggest dumping it to the track instead of the back?

I know a lot of Mountain guys dumped it under the sled so they could utilize the rear part of the tunnel for packs and gear.

Back