• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 Nytro Rear Wheel Options

Alexb00

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 XTX Nytro
Hello. I’m redoing all the bearings on my 2009 Nytro XTX. Iv replaced all wheel bearings except the 2 rear axle outer wheel bearings as these are not service able. Looking for a oem style replacement wheels because I’m looking to keep the rear axle center wheel as that one has a bearing. so something that same size.

These are from Yamaha with replaceable bearings:
SMA-8HF38-20-BK

The 130mm are the smaller idler "bogey" wheels. All the rears are 178mm.

any wheel that fits the same position on an apex xtx in a parts breakdown will work on your sled.

These are from Yamaha with replaceable bearings:
SMA-8HF38-20-BK
These wheels are a great buy and have replaceable bearings in them. I have had the same set of (3) 0f these wheels in 3 different sleds. Presently they are in my stretched 08' Nytro RTX with a DIY 4th wheel kit. G.B.

Skid sm.JPG

These wheels are a great buy and have replaceable bearings in them. I have had the same set of (3) 0f these wheels in 3 different sleds. Presently they are in my stretched 08' Nytro RTX with a DIY 4th wheel kit. G.B.

View attachment 164022

I'm a bit confused over the part numbers. What Yamaha sleds actually use a 25mm rear axle? All I've checked has a 20mm rear axle in the parts diagrams. That would fit a 6204 bearing. But when I search the part number for new axle wheels, they have 25mm 6205 bearings. I'm confused.

Certain models used a hollow steel rear axle that was 25 in diameter.
The nut on the end was much larger also .

Certain models used a hollow steel rear axle that was 25 in diameter.
The nut on the end was much larger also .

Thanks. How would I know what diameter shaft I have without disassembly? I'm going to pick up new rear axle wheels tomorrow morning because both have shot bearings on my sled. And I'm not close to the sled right now. According to the parts diagram I'm checking, for my 2009 Venture Multi-purpose, it has a 20mm shaft with part number 8L8-47520-10-00. Recon I can trust it's correct on the diagram? I know I have a nylon lock nut on the end, no cotter pin or anything.

Thanks. How would I know what diameter shaft I have without disassembly? I'm going to pick up new rear axle wheels tomorrow morning because both have shot bearings on my sled. And I'm not close to the sled right now. According to the parts diagram I'm checking, for my 2009 Venture Multi-purpose, it has a 20mm shaft with part number 8L8-47520-10-00. Recon I can trust it's correct on the diagram? I know I have a nylon lock nut on the end, no cotter pin or anything.
20mm
But I'm not sure which wheels are on yours. I'm not familiar with the multi-purpose. What engine is it?
I would think you want the 6004,s, not 6204.

20mm
But I'm not sure which wheels are on yours. I'm not familiar with the multi-purpose. What engine is it?
I would think you want the 6004,s, not 6204.

I have the wheels with grey plastic "spokes", they're not really spokes, just decorations. Have seen the same one's on older Apex and other sleds.

I'm just looking for a picture of a 25mm shaft with the nut so I can rule it out. But all info points to the fact that the rear has 20mm bearings and the upper idler wheels has 25mm bearings.

Yeah I meant 6004 bearings. The wheels I'm picking up has the bearings in them, but they have two different types. One with 25mm and one with 20mm id.

I have the wheels with grey plastic "spokes", they're not really spokes, just decorations. Have seen the same one's on older Apex and other sleds.

I'm just looking for a picture of a 25mm shaft with the nut so I can rule it out. But all info points to the fact that the rear has 20mm bearings and the upper idler wheels has 25mm bearings.

Yeah I meant 6004 bearings. The wheels I'm picking up has the bearings in them, but they have two different types. One with 25mm and one with 20mm id.
Ok, that helps.
The other axle has adjusters that push from the front, like other brands.
Look up under a 2010 Apex GT

Ok, that helps.
The other axle has adjusters that push from the front, like other brands.
Look up under a 2010 Apex GT

Got it all together and fixed now. Picked up two rear wheels with part number 8DF-47550-01-SL. They're 178mm and 20mm id and fits the Venture MP / Venture lite and they have replaceable bearings.

The bearing was cracked and separated on one of the old wheels, luckily nothing was badly damaged. Just a small groove in one of the the axle cover tubes.

Sry for highjacking this thread. Probably should have started a new one for the Venture MP.

Back