• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 nytro xtx intermittent idle issue

So the very first ride this year my sled decided not idle and would shut off at a stop. You’d have to start it with throttle it’d smoke quick but then clear up once you took off. Changed plugs..drained the tank took it out and was fine no problems. Yesterday take it out gas was about a month old and 5 miles in my temp light comes on so I pull into snow to cool it goes off come to stop and it dies. It continued to do this on stops for 60 miles. Get to the first bar was in there for about hour and half come out starts right up take off never had the issue again the remaining 100 miles. No codes. Bone stock besides k&n filters I’ve owned it since brand new and never had an issue like this. It’s so intermittentant that I can’t accurately find it. But it always clears up and never does it besides at idle the very few times it has. I wouldn’t even worry about but of course I’m selling it and don’t want it to be a problem for someone else. I feel like bad gas could be a problem however I know I have ran older gas in it than a month and never had this issue. Also feel like it only happens when it’s close to warm or at the overheat light point. It did not affect the fuel mileage at all. It only overheated yesterday cause trails were hard and hardly any snow but the light was only on briefly before I cooled. The light did come on twice more before my initial bar stop but only for a few seconds before I cooled it down...has no other issues beside this runs great even when this is occurring

Possibly the idle control solenoid is sticking. Also, if you haven't replaced the antifreeze recently it may be time. As the coolant ages it becomes less effective at dissipating heat.

Possibly the idle control solenoid is sticking. Also, if you haven't replaced the antifreeze recently it may be time. As the coolant ages it becomes less effective at dissipating heat.

Any way to test the idle control solenoid I’ve done the diagnostic test and tests fine? Would it throw a code if it stuck? Coolant needs replacing it’s on the list but would that overheat issue cause idle issues?

If it's running to hot and you come to a stop the ECU will shut it down but the ECU will not shut it down as long as it's moving no matter how hot it gets.

Change the coolant and make sure the fan is working. You may want to pull the upper radiator hose and make sure it's not plugged.

If it's running to hot and you come to a stop the ECU will shut it down but the ECU will not shut it down as long as it's moving no matter how hot it gets.

Change the coolant and make sure the fan is working. You may want to pull the upper radiator hose and make sure it's not plugged.

So update I changed coolant tonight was letting it run and get everything bled and it started acting up sitting in the garage. Perfect now I can check it. So ran diagnostic and 54 the ISC does not turn on just sits in the warning light doesn’t do the vibrate noise five times or however many it did before so now I know it’s that but do I have to change it or clean it or what exactly am I needing to fix now that I’ve figured that out? It doesn’t appear there is a part number for it?

Last edited:
they don't sell the ICS separately. I'd first try pulling it to see if it can be cleaned.

So update I changed coolant tonight was letting it run and get everything bled and it started acting up sitting in the garage. Perfect now I can check it. So ran diagnostic and 54 the ISC does not turn on just sits in the warning light doesn’t do the vibrate noise five times or however many it did before so now I know it’s that but do I have to change it or clean it or what exactly am I needing to fix now that I’ve figured that out? It doesn’t appear there is a part number for it?
Did you ever get this issue fixed up? I've been having a similar issue.

Back