• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 Yamaha Phazer RTX

Oil Change on a 2009 Yamaha Phazer RTX

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

John Newell

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha Nytro XTX and 2009 Yamaha Phazer RTX.
Hi everyone!

I'm doing the first oil change on my wife's 2009 Yamaha Phazer RTX. Has anyone have a "free" service manual they would be willing to pass along? Or... does anyone have a video or a document with pictures on how to change the oil and filter? Changing the oil on it is the easy part, it's just like my ' 09 Nytro, it's the filter that has me a little nervous to do. I've seen video's on YouTube but they are not the greatest step by steps. I've also googled on how to but not had much lick their either. I would be very grateful for any help! I want to learn how to do this and do not want to take it to a dealer. Thanks in advanced for all the help!!!
jwn199@hotmail.com

John

First off, please post your questions in the correct section, 2nd, you have to be a VIP on this site to get a service manual...

Hi everyone, I hope I'm posting in the correct spot here?
I have a 2009 Yamaha Phazer RTX. The idle adjustment cable screw will not turn. My guess is time for a new cable which is connected to the intake. Can anyone help me out on how to disconnect the cable from the intake please? Does it just unscrew off or do I have to take the intake off and unscrew from the inside of the Intake? Thank you for your help on this, it's driving me nuts. John

I have a 2009 Yamaha Phazer RTX. The idle adjustment cable screw will not turn. My guess is time for a new cable which is connected to the intake. Can anyone help me out on how to disconnect the cable from the intake please? Does it just unscrew off or do I have to take the intake off and unscrew from the inside of the Intake? Thank you for your help on this, it's driving me nuts. John

@cannondale27 might have some in site on this.

What’s your idle set at?
If you go in frequently asked questions above our forum in yellow. Go down to fluids, 1st oil change. The second pic down is your throttle bodies. Very bottom of them , between the big circles, is where your going to want to look. Need to take air box off to get too. I think some penatrating oil and you turning adjustment screw by hand you’ll free it up.

Spark plugs are next. Anyone ever do that change? 2009 Yamaha Phazer RTX. Pics or good description would help alot! I do know that you need to remove the seat and gas tank. Anyone ever do that?

brother, kirkswim, did it on the 09 i bought and sold to him. not a really hard job from what i remeber.

Thank you guys for the help! I'll have to take it apart, I've got about 1,900 miles on it and figure it's time to change them out. I tried once to take the seat off, 2 bolts but it didn't want to pull out the way everyone described. Am I missing something?

it slides/hooks in at the front. with the bolts out, pull it towards the back before up.

Will do, thank you for all the info! Greatly appreciate it!

Back