• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 Yamaha Vector starting problem

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha 2009 vector
Battery is fine. Go out turn key nothing . Keep trying not a sound . 10 min later turn key starts right up. Try it 4-5 times fires right up. 15 min later try nothing. Next day go out turn key nothing, couple of hour later try it starts right up. Sled is sitting in the same spot hasn’t been moved any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks Gary

Not 100% sure about Electrical problems but 2009 should still have Carbs. I have learned my lesson years ago if you start this 4 stroke you need to run it until the heat exchangers are hot . If you start them up and then shut it down right away you will flood it and must change the Plugs . I would drain the gas if it's old and add a 4 oz bottle of mechanic in the bottle ( Home Depot has it ) fill with good gas and let it warm up . Shut it off and leave it sit for an hour . The MIB will help clean your carbs up . Then restart again . If your carbs are clean and good gas you may need to check for spark or test the stator .

One more thing ! Under the Air box by the battery is the Starter Relay. Make sure it's clean and free of the green corrosion. This can cause intermittent starting problems

One more thing ! Under the Air box by the battery is the Starter Relay. Make sure it's clean and free of the green corrosion. This can cause intermittent starting problems
Ok will check under air box. When I said it won’t start it is completely dead. Then it starts later

I'm going with starter solenoid. Will need a multimeter to verify.

starter solenoid is the 1st place i would go as well. easy test is to just jump it with a wire or screwdriver when it will not crank and see if it cranks.

Back