• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 front end bent

srx900

Expert
well so much for a stronger front end on the 2010 nytro RTX se my right side is bent just from riding trails aggressively over hard mogels I cant tell if its the lower a arm or the subframe. I thought they fixed this problem for 2010. My shocks not centered and lower a arm is pushed back but I cant see anything bent. Ill have to remove plastic to try to find bend.

It is frusterating that Yamaha can't figure this out. I had some luck from Yamaha to help cover some of my subframe. It took a lot of work to get them to come around!!!! My new subframe I added plates all over it.

It is crap! three subframe changes and still doesn't work.

Look at the lower plate to see if it has any wrinkles. If the frame is bent you normally can see it there. I bent the 08 frame which was replaced with the 09 update under warranty. The 09 update is now bent and I have a 2010 updated frame ordered. I looked at the 2010 Nytro at a demo ride and couldn't see anything different in the frame. I'll keep riding mine with a bent frame until the seasons over. I thought if I waited I'd hear about a few 2010's bending which would convince me to reinforce the new frame before installing it.

I think I'll build a jig that fits the new frame so I can straighten and reinforce bent ones.

Also check your ball joints, my 09' has about 3200 miles and all four are shot! This is a real problem.

LJ 452 said:
Also check your ball joints, my 09' has about 3200 miles and all four are shot! This is a real problem.

Good point. Are there any aftermarket ball joints out yet that hold up better?
My lower joints were replaced last year and should make it through this season but I'll be replacing them and the a-arm bushings (Pioneer Performance bushings) when I change out the sub frame this spring.

My 2010 frame bent also. The 2010 plates are thicker but they still wrinkle...
DSC01726-1.jpg

That reinforcement "plate" looks pretty flimsy. These subframes need some beefing up. All I hear is people bending them, and it doesn't matter which year 08, 09. 10 etc.

if the 2010 plate is thicker than the 09's it would take a micrometer to measure the difference. when I get the new one I'll measure it. I heard the 2010 reinforcement was made out of a stronger metal. My guess is that we will see another update in 2011-2012.

cawcislo said:
That reinforcement "plate" looks pretty flimsy. These subframes need some beefing up. All I hear is people bending them, and it doesn't matter which year 08, 09. 10 etc.

I have a few ideas for my new subframe. Strengthening that plate with another plate is one of them.

grizztracks said:
if the 2010 plate is thicker than the 09's it would take a micrometer to measure the difference. when I get the new one I'll measure it. I heard the 2010 reinforcement was made out of a stronger metal. My guess is that we will see another update in 2011-2012.

I heard the same thing from my dealer. However after I took delivery of my 2010 I looked it over and compared to my 2009 and you're a better man than I if you can see the difference...There isn't one! Maybe different material but still looks the same thickness/design etc. Come-on Yami :o|

Port Yamaha I believe said the plate only got a material change. I got a new 2010 and I reinforced the crap out of it. I will post pics if any are interested?

others have posted pictures of their reinforced frames but a few more won't hurt.

It is so weird that some people are saying there bending there's with out any contact to anything and there are people like me with no issues. I ride hard boondock the sled such as hitting barried objects and running over small tree's etc. I have an 08 in which the way every one has gone about it mine should be bent just looking at it. I'm not calling any one a liar but there has to be some impact causing this. Not that it has to be a big one but something. I have replaced my lower ball joints but so far thats it on the front suspension. A better design is probably needed but if it becomes to strong what is the next weak link.

Back