• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 Nytro MTX SE 153 front end questions

mn_anderson

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Nytro MTX SE 153
Hi first of all I am new to the form, new to Yamaha (snowmobiles), as this the first sled I have owned. Over all the mtx I bought in my opinion is in pretty good shape with 4k ish miles on it. I have been reading about a arms with the spindle placement being moved forward, and was wondering if anyone has input on mountain tech a arms vs skins a arms? Besides the price? Also I need to replace most of the steering wear parts, and looking for recommendations of where you buy parts? Or if yamahapartsnation.com is just as good as any? Thanks

I Don't ride either kits. Forward arms help allot for mountains. I run the cr racing ones simply because I'm in Canada and there close to me for replacement etc. That being said skinz kit is tested and proven to work quite pricey tho. Mountaintech has allot of adjustment in camber castor but don't look as cool imo. Both would work great barcode also makes a set. Cr racing doesn't change castor angle. But if your adventurous theres a way to make them about 25°. Nytro has allot of other issues besides front end but one of the forward sets with improved castor angle is a must have which ever one you choose.

Hey I am finally going to bite the bullet and try the 34” +3 mountain tech a arms. Not sure when I’ll get them. When I do get them I have thread going on here https://ty4stroke.com/threads/2012-turbo-nytro-questions.159845/ and will report back on there. but they are a fantastic price even for being a Canadian. There was a guy on here that had some really good things to say about them. I’ll try and post the link. Convinced me that’s for sure haha!

https://ty4stroke.com/threads/review-mountaintech-34-3-a-arms-on-08-mtx.160025/

I Don't ride either kits. Forward arms help allot for mountains. I run the cr racing ones simply because I'm in Canada and there close to me for replacement etc. That being said skinz kit is tested and proven to work quite pricey tho. Mountaintech has allot of adjustment in camber castor but don't look as cool imo. Both would work great barcode also makes a set. Cr racing doesn't change castor angle. But if your adventurous theres a way to make them about 25°. Nytro has allot of other issues besides front end but one of the forward sets with improved castor angle is a must have which ever one you choose.

Mountaintech is also the narrowest at 34". There is a reason why the 38" Mountaintech front end is being replaced by the 34"!!

Mountaintech is also the narrowest at 34". There is a reason why the 38" Mountaintech front end is being replaced by the 34"!!
with the cr37 I've paneled out boondocking a few times I'd be concerned going any narrower. No other kits go that narrow for a reason.

with the cr37 I've paneled out boondocking a few times I'd be concerned going any narrower. No other kits go that narrow for a reason.

"Paneling out" is more than simply a function of static ski stance. I prefer my 34"
kit over my 38. I don't build products that don't work well.

Not saying yours doesn't work good dont get me wrong. Lots of people don't ride anything steep enough to panel out. Just giving my honest opinion so people can make up there own minds.

I start by saying Im sure mountaintech arms will be way better than my stock arms that I modified and his price is very reasonable. I modified my stock a arms to be 3” forward and 35” c to c. I ran it like this for 3 years and finally changed them out to my current width of 38” +3” forward, modified stock arms. I could not handle the 35” a arms in most conditions. The only time they really shined was on steep side hills. The best way I can explain it is with the heavy motor it feels like it’s top heavy and once the sled gets past tipping point it There is no uprighting it. I even made my own 1.5” higher spindles to be like the new Polaris’s and tried it on both the 35” front end and the 38” front end and hated it on both. I am back to stock spindles and even lowered my rear skid a bit to bring the tipping point down and it is now rideable. Unlike with my narrow front end. I’m not bashing anybody’s product This is my opinion for what it is worth

Yea front ends are only a partial fix to the nytros top heaviness. I bought a mcx 270 nytro and flopped it non stop, couldn't ride it to save my life but loved the power. Lots of beers and allot of money later its getting close to the way I want it. Even my buddies rode it and were very impressed at how it rides. Def takes allot of tweaking to make it anywhere near thr new sleds

Yea front ends are only a partial fix to the nytros top heaviness. I bought a mcx 270 nytro and flopped it non stop, couldn't ride it to save my life but loved the power. Lots of beers and allot of money later its getting close to the way I want it. Even my buddies rode it and were very impressed at how it rides. Def takes allot of tweaking to make it anywhere near thr new sleds
What other tweaks have you done ? I just bought an 08 mcx240 with 1600 km on it. It handles like a water balloon with foot pegs

20201113_201032.jpg

What other tweaks have you done ? I just bought an 08 mcx240 with 1600 km on it. It handles like a water balloon with foot pegs
Front mount turbo so I could drop tunnel increase tunnel angle lower gas tank moving weight down and back. Mid tunnel cooler. Axys spindles few weight saving goodies. Cat skid. Cr a arms. Ti bars. Ti spindle ski kit. Bdx forward steering. think it's around 590 full of fuel belt everything. And carries more fuel then I used to have with extra Jerry cans on back.

Front mount turbo so I could drop tunnel increase tunnel angle lower gas tank moving weight down and back. Mid tunnel cooler. Axys spindles few weight saving goodies. Cat skid. Cr a arms. Ti bars. Ti spindle ski kit. Bdx forward steering. think it's around 590 full of fuel belt everything. And carries more fuel then I used to have with extra Jerry cans on back.
Beautiful build man !

Back