• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 Nytro tunnel closure

For those guys that have closed off their tunnels, have you experienced any melting of the seat, plastics or gas tank?

I've always been leery about closing off my tunnel for unknown reasons, as I felt Yamaha had designed it with an open tunnel for a reason.

It seems that Yamaha has designs (or maybe originally planned) for a closed tunnel on the Nytro chassis in a 2up sled, with exhaust tips under the tunnel.

For more information, google a search on Patent #7815002 where you see more pics and info.

Attachments

• 3.GIF
    3.GIF
    30.3 KB · Views: 83
  • 2.GIF
    2.GIF
    34 KB · Views: 91
  • 1.GIF
    1.GIF
    33.3 KB · Views: 115

block off plate

The only melting I have experienced is my back plastic shroud that goes around the tip of the Barker can I have installed. I was warned that this will probably happen and tried a few things before removing it altogether.

As far as any ice issues on the seat or tunnel, nothing really to report. I was advised to drill several small holes in the plate to help with cooling the enclosed area and to date have had no issues with anything overheating or being damaged other then what I mentioned previously.

Kope

bottlerocket said:
revster that looks good. What model is that can and how loud is it?

RS-5 I believe. Not sure for what bike I bought it in the classified section here. Not really louder then the Hauck that I have.

I put some miles on the sled the other day and no melting so far.

bottlerocket said:
revster that looks good. What model is that can and how loud is it?

it look like a under tail exhaust off a cbr 600rr..... yoshimura rs5....i was lookn for one but in carbon fiber cause it wont get as hot....

Carbon fiber is 400+ bucks. Would look good but so would the cash sitting back there.lol If its the same as the barker it would be to loud for me and the lawman where I ride.

Grimm said:
For those guys that have closed off their tunnels, have you experienced any melting of the seat, plastics or gas tank?

I've always been leery about closing off my tunnel for unknown reasons, as I felt Yamaha had designed it with an open tunnel for a reason.

It seems that Yamaha has designs (or maybe originally planned) for a closed tunnel on the Nytro chassis in a 2up sled, with exhaust tips under the tunnel.

For more information, google a search on Patent #7815002 where you see more pics and info.
I will check to see , never thought of that snow maybe keeping ex. cool

Back