• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 Rs Vector Gt or Gt Ltx

oldyami

6'6'' 250# groomed trail rider looking to purchase a 2010 Vector.Need info on short vs long track.What's the fuel consumption difference,handling,ride ,etc.Thanks

After riding 121's and going to a 136 I doubt that I'll ever be going back. I would have stretched my other two sleds this year had I not put new tracks on them this summer. I have a hard time noticing any turning differences between the sleds but it's not really a fair comparison because I have pilots on my Vector and stock ski's on everything else. I love the extra traction without having to stud the track, the added stability at higher speeds, and to me, the sled just feels more balanced.

I have the 2010 GT LTX and you are a little bigger than me but that is the sled I went with and it is great. You won't regret it.

Well I picked up a Ltx today from Port Yamaha,a red one too.Went with this over Renegade for several reasons hope I made the right chioce.

oldyami said:
Well I picked up a Ltx today from Port Yamaha,a red one too.Went with this over Renegade for several reasons hope I made the right chioce.

You did. I would get snowtrackers and put 108 picks on it. Look for thecatman's setup and you will be good to go.

Banks93 said:
oldyami said:

You did. I would get snowtrackers and put 108 picks on it. Look for thecatman's setup and you will be good to go.

I have a 2010 LTX GT. I put 108 of the Stud Boy 1.375" studs with power tower nuts and the plastic backers. My studs are clipping the rear heat exchanger.
Could it be because of track stretch (150 miles on it). I've adjusted it (track) once?
Also, when I adjusted the track I spent a lot of time to verify track alignment. I was sure it was bang on but I'm showing major wear on my right slider with marginal, if any, wear on the left.

what would one think about stretching a 121 vector to 128 and install a Cobra track?? I did this converstion to a Apex and it's awsome. I've also streteched another Apex to 136 and you can definately notice the added length in the twisties. they both produced a great ride quality.

EX TOPGASSER said:
Banks93 said:
oldyami said:

I have a 2010 LTX GT. I put 108 of the Stud Boy 1.375" studs with power tower nuts and the plastic backers. My studs are clipping the rear heat exchanger.
Could it be because of track stretch (150 miles on it). I've adjusted it (track) once?
Also, when I adjusted the track I spent a lot of time to verify track alignment. I was sure it was bang on but I'm showing major wear on my right slider with marginal, if any, wear on the left.

You need to put on some spacer on the back heat exchangers. Do a search and I think there are pictures.

Back