• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 rs venture Gt oil change

Rich g

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Yamaha venture rs gt
hello fellow yammi guys.
I searched for quite some time on threads regarding oil changes. I did manage to find threads on drain bolts for both oil and chain case. Chaincase in tunnel behind chaincase and two oil drain plugs. Tank and bottom of engine. These threads were for other rs machines but I’m assuming they are the same. Also what is the exact procedure for oil change. Is there a oil cap on valve cover like same say? If so do I need to add oil into there? Or just into oil tank? Also what is the proper amount of oil and chaincase oil for my 2010 rs venture Gt? Thanks I’m advamce guys. Safe riding!

no, just into the tank
i used to do mine at the end of every season
but now, every second season

edit
middle of the dipstick, when screwed in
it should be just under 3 liters/quarts

Thanks for the reply. Something that the manual doesn’t really make clear is the cap on the valve cover that was in question. Do I open it to drain the oil out first.? Sorry for the newb question. As I am a newbie to 4 stroke sleds. Also I was wondering about the yearly change. I was debating about weather I should do the oil filter. I bought this machine used from a dealer in the middle of the season last year. It was serviced. And it’s only had 500kms since the last service.

i always change the filter,
even at 2000 miles a year, every 2nd year is often enough

the valve cover cap is more of an inspection window
after filling with oil
you can start it and see through the cap hole, that oil is splashing around up there
after the third oil change 10 years ago, i haven't even opened that cap
me lazy, maybe not good

edit
forgot chaincase
it takes about 6-8 oz.
quite low on the dipstick
mine shows 2 sides on the stick
the reverse model shows lower, even if you fill it to the other side it is only a 1/4 " or 1/2 cm. higher
not a big deal difference/////my opinion only

Here's what I've started to do, and will continue to do.
I can't wait to hear all the negative remarks for my following comment.
Comments from people that treat Yamaha engines like porcelain dolls, when they are just an engine.

Anyway, here's what I do.

Warm the sled, and when it's warm, shut it off.
Remove the engine drain plug, and oil filter. Leave that tank drain plug in, as the tank is flimsy, and will distort if you remove that plug.
Yes, the oil is hot. Hot like a McDonalds coffee, so don't sue me if you get burnt!
Put a nice big tub under your sled.
Now, start your sled, and let it run for 30 seconds or so.
And NO! it's won't hurt your engine!

Now, your reservoir is empty, and so is the engine!

Back