• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 Vector ltx gt first ride.

Beech said:
I have a 2010 Vector Ltx and get a track sprocket drone
between 30 to 40 mph. has anyone else noticed that.
What are you seeing for top speed. The best I got so far is a 100 mph at 8000 rpm

When my 2008 Vector was new I could only pull 94mph on the speedo. After a few hundred miles it picked up about 400 rpm's and 10mph.

Handling seems improved over Apex's I've run. Less inside ski lift, flatter in turns. Ride seems firmer but still need more miles. Traction is excellent with Camoplast fullly clipped and all open windows prestudded track. As I said in my first post. This looks like my best Yamaha and it is my seventh.

On the negative side, Stock seat still sucks compared to competition. Way too narrow. Still not enough storage space withour hanging bags all over sled. And accessory windshields don't fit.

Well pulled it in, melted all the snow and tightened the limiter strap by a hole. The sliders have no wear on them. I think it all has to do with dealer prep. My guys ride all the time and loosened up the track beyond what the factory specs are. With the extrovert drivers you are not going to wratchet the track. By the way, anyone know how much gas is left in the tank when the light goes on. Just wondering how many miles I can expect to go before I run out.

When my light came on i was able to put 6.7 gal in it. Thats with about 1 mile after the light came on so that means i had about 2.7 gals left. So on the safe side maybe 40 miles left.

My Dad's brother has a new 2010 Vector GT in our shop (good looking red color!!) . He doesn't have many miles on it yet, around 100, but I did get to ride it yesterday for a few miles on the trails. I think it's going to be a great all around trail sled. I like the Apex ergos over the former Vector ergos. He traded an 07 Vector GT for this one. The engine seems real snappy and feels like it wants to go. Of course none of us have really rung it out being it needs more miles before that happens. We have two good running stock Vipers to run against it so we will see. My Dad's stock Viper is the fastest one I have EVER seen (an F7 beater) so it should be a good test. Both of us could outrun the 2007 he used to have.

pistol said:
Any GPS top speed runs in good conditions to report?

on hard pack today.....114 speedo, 109 stalker. Only 25 miles on it and no studs.

Since our rain storm I haven't been able to ride mine for a week. I am going to go out this weekend. Anyone have any updates?

Did anyone loosen up the front shocks like the Apex to help prevent the inside ski lift? I didn't know if I wanted to mess with the front shocks because the handle bar chatter was far less than the Apex GT.

suburban said:
pistol said:
Any GPS top speed runs in good conditions to report?

on hard pack today.....114 speedo, 109 stalker. Only 25 miles on it and no studs.

Those are pretty good numbers (mph I assume) being it has only 25 miles on it. You are pretty brave squeezing it that hard with so little miles on it. Nothing like the old saying " ride it the 1st time like you will always ride it"

;)!

I got 430 miles on mine and no issues with the hyfax. I am going to try thecatman's setup for better handling. I am happy with the sled. It is a winner for Yamaha. The only thing I need is studs or a ice ripper xt track.

Some more drag racing and top speed results would be interesting reading. I wonder if they could squeeze another 15-30hp from the 3cyl and call that a 2011 3cyl Apex..........

I did blow my shield plug in and the replacement fuse is on the right side panel. easy fix.

Back