• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 Vector ltx gt first ride.

thought you guys might be interested in seeing this. check out the pefromance of the Vector....more torque than the Apex

StockSleds.jpg

The thing is all 2 SMOKES have a very small window of PEAK torque and making real tough to clutch and transfer power to the track...the APEX has a nice LOOONG flat torque band from 6000 to peak rpm's making PULL like a FREIGHT train, its the 1 with the least power & PEAK torque and is still the QUICKESS stock sled on SNOW out of the box! I said STOCK!

Returned from 700 mile trip in western UP. Sled fnatastic. Handles great. Great fuel economy(17-19mpg). Good mid range performance. Top speed on sloopy trail 94 speedo 90.4gps. It gets to 80 pretty fast. Suspension a little firm even though set up full soft. I think it will breakin softer though. Very litttle ski lift in corners. I still think it's my best Yamaha yet.

Improvements? Seat needs an update. Too narrow IMO. Perhaps a redesign incorporating New looks with panels that open easier for access.

I tried theCatman's setup and this thing doesn't have ski lift anymore and corners awesome. I too am happy with getting rid of the Apex weight and getting a better handling sled. My front feels like a skid rev with the new setup.

Thanks catman. :Rockon:

What exaclty is Catman's setup? I have a lot of inside ski lift on my 2008 that I can't seem to remedy. From the reports I've read it seems like the 2010's rail the corners better for some reason.

Banks93 said:
I tried theCatman's setup and this thing doesn't have ski lift anymore and corners awesome. I too am happy with getting rid of the Apex weight and getting a better handling sled. My front feels like a skid rev with the new setup.

Thanks catman. :Rockon:

yeah....how about a detailed explanation please

Depending on everyone's given weight & trail conditions more compression may be needed on the remote dial on the tunnel. PLEASE realize this.

1. Front shocks-- pre-load measurement of 1 7/8" collar to collar

2. Front shocks-- compression. clicker dial is 3 clicks in from full soft. In other words, turn it in counterclockwise 'till it stops, & then in 3 clicks

3. Front shocks-- rebound. clicker dial is 3 clicks in from full fast rebound. In other words, turn it counterclockwise 'til it stops, & then 3 clicks in.

4. Rear Mono-Shock pre-load-- Leave it in the stock cam notch. This should be the middle notch.

5. Rear transfer rod-- Turn the transfer rod IN to a measurement of 1 1/8"

6. Rear Mono-Shock rebound-- 3 clicks from full soft, according to the dial on the tunnel. In other words, turn it all the way to full soft & then 3 clicks toward hard. NOTE: the compression feel will also change as the rebound is set tighter for weight & trail conditions.

7. Some people have gone 1-2 notches tighter on the limiter strap. I personally have tried it & noticed no difference from the stock location.

REMINDER!! the rear setting can & will have to change some depending on your weight & trail conditions. This also will change the feel of the compression too.

This setup comes from an ex cross country racer who has forgotten more about setting up suspensions than most of us will ever know.

On a side note also. As we all know the stock Yamaha skis suck major balls. Dually runners in the 6-10" range are highly recommended. As are Snow-Trackers if you choose that route.

peterdb said:
thanks catman, i will try it. how much do you weigh...by the way?

With gear..... 215ish. Not less, but not over 220 either.

I have seen 100 on the dreamometer. Lots of 94 but I think it is more acurate as I have left a lot of people in my dust.

Home now from trip number 2 and first with suspension changes. My changes are pretty close to those of catman. I did tighten up the limiter strap by one hole. I am very happy with the changes but I was happy with it right out of the box. I even let the wife ride it this trip when her hand warmers died. Bad mistake. Now she wants my sled. Don't know what I'm going to do now. I was thinking about really screwing up the suspension for the next time she wants to ride so she'll hate it but I'm not sure I can make this sled bad.

pistol said:
how about so racing or top speed run results?

I beat up on a 'Doo GSX 600 today. I know this isn't a great shocker to anyone. 110 HP vs 130 HP, but he was f-ing with me, so I let him have it.

I also half-a$$ed raced my neighbors Apex GT in the field by our houses. I took him by about 3 lengths 'till 80-85 MPH, then he walked right by.

Back