• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 Vector - What do you guys think?

Yeller

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Overall I really like what they've done with the new vector ... especially the motor but there's no way I could afford one at $15K for an ltx and $14.7K for a short track.

And why no base versions of these?

I like the FI direction, but the added radiator and fan (according to MaxSled) is a minus in my eye....and that's before seeing what the MSRP is. What is Yamaha thinking?

What does everybody think for a dealer price for a 121" non-electroinc Ohlins version...$12,000? Wayyyyyyy to much for me thanks! Hopefully there's a new sled for GD next year and it's looking like it'll be the Doo GSX with the 4S motor......$8,500 out the door right now.

I am happy that I bought my base 2009 Vector last Friday. Got a good deal and the 2010 updates are not worth the price increase IMO. I would have liked to have FI, but overall, I am happy.

The new Vector looks real sweet, but I'm still dealing with the sticker shock.

Very nice upgrades for the Vec, FI and new gauge is a big improvement. Only thing is I will never cough up that much coin on a sled. Canadian prices are insane. As much as I love Yamaha snowmobiles, I refuse to buy at 2010 prices listed. If this keeps up, I won't be long jumping the fence after 20 years of loyality to the brand.

its nice. FI has got to be better than carbs. no more cleaning of the plugged pilot jets. they claimed to have fixed the hand warmers. i don't think so. all they did was insulate the heating elements from the bars. not to mention they do not go to the end of the bars anymore. you will still need the controller to have warm hands. i will have the controller for next year. i would have it now but the snow melted saturday. #$%&*

They made one of the best trail sleds even better. I would love to upgrade to a 2010 but I also noticed it is priced into the stratosphere. Not really sure why it now needs a radiator and fan.

The rad and fan help the engine temp stay more consistant for the FI. All the yamaha FI models have them.

rik said:
Overall I really like what they've done with the new vector ... especially the motor but there's no way I could afford one at $15K for an ltx and $14.7K for a short track.
Yea and in 1 seasons use you will be lucky to be able to sell it for $6,000. :o|

Back