• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 Vector - What do you guys think?

I thought we were talking retail to retail here? Of course you dont buy any sled at full MSRP. Besides, that is 2009 to 2010 pricing comparison. I'm pretty sure the other 3 wont be pricing their sleds any less for 2010...

rydblue said:
I thought we were talking retail to retail here? Of course you dont buy any sled at full MSRP. Besides, that is 2009 to 2010 pricing comparison. I'm pretty sure the other 3 wont be pricing their sleds any less for 2010...

Retail prices are irrelevant IMO. It's what you pay the dealer is what's important. It will be interesting to see what an "out the door" price is on these sleds.

I can see Yamaha being in a difficult situation with the yen vs. USD issue. Material costs are overall dropping like a rock, and combined with the global economic woes, a price increase is difficult to stomache and comprehend.

The extended YES warranty still doesn't make it worth it either.

Maybe to you the warranty isn't worth it, but to others it might. With my own personal past experiences, I wouldn't even consider buying a new sled without the extra protection and peace of mind of the YES. The consumer is getting something in exchange for the price increases of the 2010's. It's not just an empty dollar figure.

rydblue said:
Maybe to you the warranty isn't worth it, but to others it might. With my own personal past experiences, I wouldn't even consider buying a new sled without the extra protection and peace of mind of the YES. The consumer is getting something in exchange for the price increases of the 2010's. It's not just an empty dollar figure.

I bought the YES warranty and so far it has proved to be a worthwhile investment. This relates to my past comments about these sleds being expensive to own if you put miles on them and don't have an extended warranty. I've saved $1500+ by having the warranty, but that figure doesn't include the $500 cost for the YES. I did shell out $400 last year for clutch parts....that was rediculous.

However, I stand by my previous statement that the YES warranty is the cheapest but also covers the least amount of issues.

I'm not going to bother to dig into this but if a particular 10 sled was the same as an 09, and the price went up, I'd say it's attributed to the exchange rate rather than the cost of the warranty. Yamaha can attach any arbitrary figure it wants to the potential cost of this this incurred liability.

I know the MSRP listings of the other 120hp-ish 4 strokes are similar to the Vec. The MSRP on my 2008 LTX was 9200 I believe. The new Vec has a lot of nice upgrades and is certainly better than mine (it is almost like Yamaha saw the "wish list" from this site and updated everything accordingly). But on the other hand the chassis has been around since 2003, the plastic since 2006, suspensions since 2005. I am wondering what would be an average spring-order price for this sled including setup and tax? If you can spring order for maybe 1k less than MSRP OTD then yeah, it is probably a darned good buy with the warranty that is included. But from another side the plastic is growing old and the look is starting to become dated, and it is a portly sled at 666lbs wet for the LTX (2008 information). It would be cool to see the Vec with evolved trim and more unique styling. The older components (outside of the engine) is the reason why I think the Vec should be more budget-priced to attract new buyers. Oh crap, maybe I just wish I could afford a new one! LOL! 2 years baby and I'll be in for a used 2010 for a cool $5k (hopefully).

FWIW - The MSRP of a '10 Vector GT is $400 more than a '09 Vector GT. Would seem to be a reasonable price increase for FI and the other upgrades.

Price

IN Canada they want 14,999 for the vector ltx they are priceing themselfs right out of the market Look at ski doo four stoke with the same features it is around 1,700 dollars cheaper

2010 Vector

I am very impressed with all the improvements Yamaha made to the new Vector. They certainly have been listening to what current owners have been asking for. I purchased a new Vector back in '05 and just turned 12,000 miles. It has been the best Yamaha I have ever owned, and that has been many. As far as the price, we all know we don't pay MSRP, so let's just wait to see what dealers come up with. When you ride the best, you need to expect to pay a little more!

oldyoung and ezrider, please take the time to update your locations in your profiles, Thanks!

oldyoung, I also think you should wait till BRP releases next years pricing before comparing it with Yamaha's.

No ER version for '10?

Did I miss something - no base "ER" model Vector for 2010?

rik said:
You got it Grimm. My nytro was the first and last spring order sled for me ... especially the way prices are going. I usually buy brand new non-current models and will be going back to that way of buying on the next one. A leftover 2011 will probably be the next one.

Same here but a leftover 2012 for me probably.

2010 vector with radiator

I wonder if the radiator was added because Yamaha said they slotted the footrest (running boards) area on the 2010 model. My 06 Vector has heat exchangers running the lenght of the foot rest, so if that area is now slotted and open, it would eliminate the heat exchangers. But, I don't know if the later models from 06 on had the same setup as my machine.

Back