• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 venture gt clutching

raftdaddy

hello, this is my first post on here so be easy on me. l have 2010 gt that i have only taken on two rides since i bought it this year with 700 kms on it. first ride seemed good with the occdasional smell of burning rubber. second ride with the wife on made the sled smoke after 5 mins of riding. when i shut it off you can hear a slight squel and the clutch stop. very short and faint but it is there.
my bcoworker told me for his sled he bought the heelclicker kit for his gt and it fixed it right up. what do you guys think?? allso im trying to find who sells them and i cant figure out what type i need?? hc does not seem to list venture. im assuming its the apex line??? i really am in a pinch as i have a hunting trip planned in two weeks with it!!

raftdaddy said:
hello, this is my first post on here so be easy on me. l have 2010 gt that i have only taken on two rides since i bought it this year with 700 kms on it. first ride seemed good with the occdasional smell of burning rubber. second ride with the wife on made the sled smoke after 5 mins of riding. when i shut it off you can hear a slight squel and the clutch stop. very short and faint but it is there.
my bcoworker told me for his sled he bought the heelclicker kit for his gt and it fixed it right up. what do you guys think?? allso im trying to find who sells them and i cant figure out what type i need?? hc does not seem to list venture. im assuming its the apex line??? i really am in a pinch as i have a hunting trip planned in two weeks with it!!

Although the heelclicker kit might fix the problem, it's not necessary imo as what you are experiencing is not the norm, especially on the Venture which is designed for 2 up riding.

Either your clutch is out of alignment or you have a bad belt or some other issue is going on with it?
Did you buy it at a dealer or privately? If dealer, then take it back.

venture

Either wrong belt or the belt deflection is not right.May have to adjust the secondary clutch to stop the squeling.

thanx for the replies guys,well i got it figured,my buddy came over and we took the secondary apart. the problem was i had to take the shims out and the big spring in the middle was not seated in the hole. it was allso set to eight. took it apart put her together and it's all good. buddy talked me out of a hc kit as well.now i have to get the suspension and track set up then maybe i can enjoy riding it for once!!

raftdaddy said:
thanx for the replies guys,well i got it figured,my buddy came over and we took the secondary apart. the problem was i had to take the shims out and the big spring in the middle was not seated in the hole. it was allso set to eight. took it apart put her together and it's all good. buddy talked me out of a hc kit as well.now i have to get the suspension and track set up then maybe i can enjoy riding it for once!!
I'm not familiar with the secondary on the Venture GT but if it is held together with the circlip like the VL/Phazer or with the bolts like others. If it has the clip, make sure to replace it with a new one or the clutch may come apart and cause lots of damage.

i know its been a while but here is an update, so after a few hundred clicks of riding i decided to check over everything and had found my secondary main bolt hanging out allmost ready to fall out!! so when talking to a guy at work he said that is not a normal thing and wanted to look at it. so he did and found out im missing parts!! here is a link to a schematic ill tell you what i got and what i think i need. the whole clutch basket is complete its just the spacers that bolt it together.
http://www.teamalpine.com/pages/OemPart ... SNOWMOBILE)%2fSECONDARY_SHEAVE_(RST90GTZB_-_2010)

i have 24,23,21,20x2
i know i need 22
i think i need 12,6. my question is with these two do they slide on the shaft or are they pressed on the clutch? i dont belive i see them on the clutch. my clutch was just bolted up tight!! man everyone is an expert. got great lessons but i think i need to buy a good repair manual and do all my own work!!! any suggestions on manual?? and does anyone know the torque spec of the main bolt??

Back