• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 and up apex xtx tow options

karlburns

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 apex xtx
2010 vector ltx gt
Alright so I need to make a decision on doing some sort of tow hitch on this xtx. I know they make a kit with the bolt but I want to use a pintle hitch. Has anyone used one of the dual bumper tow setups that yamaha made for the 06-10 apexs on the newer models?

The other brands are way lighter than your xtx why would you need a pintle hitch the stock bumper is more that enough... Sorry I couldn't help myself...

The stock lifting bar/bumper could rip the tunnel if you put a tow hitch on it, have a look how it's mounted and you'll see. I bought my towbar at my Yammi dealer, it's a double tube like the older style with the lower tube attaching to the drop brackets for the suspension. I thought this was a Yammi accessory? Anyway, it came with a standard loop type hitch, however it was bolted on the tubing itself, allowing for another kind of hitch to bolt up!

Ya I looked at the stock bumper and that's not going to carry a load at all. When you look at tow bars for these new apexs it says to use this item

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 538
My dealership has one of these that has been laying around for a few years that they'll make me a good deal on but they were designed for the 2010 and older apexs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 455
Anyone? I know theres people out there towing some stuff with their XTX.

This picture is from a sales-ad in Norway, but shows the same tow-hitch I use. I think almost every XTX in Norway got this one mounted.

I do longer trips all the time, often towing 500lbs or more with fuel and equipment on the sledge. On my last two xtx's the upper tube has broken on one side close to the hitch after about 6000 miles, but it holds up all the way home and then just replace it for 180$. Very happy with this.

68_1637082513_xl.jpg

Yes exactly like that..... I saw a post on here before possibly from you about that setup but the part number meant nothing to my dealer. Do you know that part number or does anyone by chance?

It looks a lot like the hitch setup for the venture lites. Anyone in the states know if those work?

Ok so I tried using the double bumper like I posted above. The 2011 and newer must be either a hair wider or tunnel a hair thicker because it wouldn't fit around the tunnel.

So next thought has anyone used a hitch setup like this on their xtx?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 548
They are made by a lokal firm in Sweden and are sold in scandinavia as a oem.

Ya I talked to someone else over there that has the double bumper setup rafts why I was trying to modify the older model ones that yamaha makes. Unfortunately it wouldn't work and my dealer said they have no way of getting the Sweden ones.

This picture is from a sales-ad in Norway, but shows the same tow-hitch I use. I think almost every XTX in Norway got this one mounted.

I do longer trips all the time, often towing 500lbs or more with fuel and equipment on the sledge. On my last two xtx's the upper tube has broken on one side close to the hitch after about 6000 miles, but it holds up all the way home and then just replace it for 180$. Very happy with this.

68_1637082513_xl.jpg
Anyone know if this is sold in Canada?

Back