• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 and up bars/grips on older sled?

hibshman25

Vendor
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder ltx dx
2018 snoscoot
Anyone try the 2011-2014 apex/vector bars on an older apex or nytro? They get warm very fast and was wandering if they would work on older sleds or if the difference is in the ECU programing.

What do they ohm out at? This will tell you if they would be compatible. Close would be fine but out more than 1k ohms less may be like the 06 mod. Get real hot but don't go over 50%

Difference is in the ecu programming - the 2010 and up vector, 2011 and up apex, 2012 and up nytro sleds all received bigger stators and different ecu programming which puts roughly 10 volts to the grips at idle and gets full voltage to them as the rpm rises compared to the previous model years of those sleds only applying 2-4 volts at idle and needing almost full rpm before getting full voltage to the grips.

The actual grips themselves on the 2010 and up sleds have the same resistance as the older ones with the only difference in heating effectiveness being the heating elements have a fiber material under them to help insulate them from losing heat to the metal handlebar.

they will work..i have 2012 apex bars on my 05 rx-1...yamaheaters plug and play,,,they get hot and work super ...also have 6-8 inch adjust rox riser and nytro seat,,,

Old thread. I picked up a 2012 apex in March this year when riding was done. Safe to say I don't need to do anything to have warm hands like I had to on my 06 or do I have to get ahold of Roc again? Curious anyone have experience. Edit guess they have been fixed

Back