• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Apex Headlight Issue

APEXRICH

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 APEX RTX
2011 APEX XTX
I was out driving my Apex yesterday and the headlight just went out on me. My "BLUE" High beam light is on when the lights are out and when I press the high/low button, it doesn't change. They finally came back on as I was driving so I just left them on low beam and I got back home and they were working when I shut the sled off. I started it this morning and same issue, "BLUE" high beam light on but no lights. It's just random when they go out. Tailight and cluster lights all work, just no headlights. They are factory lights, I replaced them 2 years ago with PIAA anti vibration bulbs. Any ideas would be great!

Last edited:

Bad ground or connection somewhere. Start tracing the wiring and flexing the connections.

Factory lights. I should have mentioned it in my post.

Ok great. That will be where I start. Thanks!

check the fuse by the chain case as well. might have some corrosion there to.

Would anyone happen to have a wiring diagram for a 2011 Apex?

I just wanted to let everyone know the issue I came across when I got into my light issue. It was the 6 pin light connection, which you have to unplug to take light cluster off. It was the the ground wire(BLACK) connection. It had burnt at some point and there was a bad connection. I fixed it up and it worked for the 3 days I drove last weekend. Thanks for all the help!

Back