• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Apex SE 128 Extended to 137 using XTX Tunnel Ext.

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
Here is a option to extend your 128" Apex to a 136" The following is a list of parts you can buy to do this.

• I opted to use a 9191H Ice Attak XT 137 x 15 x 1.22, 2.86" pitch, Pre-Studded, Full clipped tracks
  • To use the above track I need to change the drivers to the 2.86 drivers from Yamaha ( 8HK-47531-10 and 8HK-47532-10). There are handed drivers so you will need both listed.
  • I also used the extension plate (8HN-21917-00-00) and bumper (8HN-77541-00-00) from a Apex XTX as well as a heat exchanger (8HN-1241A-00-00)
  • Tracks USA Rail Extension: YAM-AP-2044" Rail extensions for 2010 to 2014 Yamaha snowmobiles with hollow rear axle. 121" to 128", 128" to 136"
Apex Track Extension (1).JPG

Apex Track Extension (2).JPG

Apex Track Extension (3).JPG

Apex Track Extension (4).JPG

Apex Track Extension (5).JPG

Side view of the small tube extension we added to cover the heat exchanger.

Apex Track Extension (6).JPG

Apex Track Extension (7).JPG

Underside view of the small tube extension.

Apex Track Extension (8).JPG

Apex Track Extension (9).JPG

Had to move the track adjusters to maintain the same distance from the rear axel to the adjuster.

Apex Track Extension (10).JPG

Track USA sure makes a nice billet rail extension. Great Fit and Finish.

Last edited:

Few more pics and the final build.

Apex Track Extension (11).JPG

Apex Track Extension (12).JPG

Apex Track Extension (13).JPG

We added extra hyfax saver wheels to a few key areas. Also added the extra rear idler to the outside rail between the rear axle and rear arm.

Apex Track Extension (14).JPG

Apex Track Extension (15).JPG

Apex Track Extension (16).JPG

Apex Track Extension (17).JPG

Apex Track Extension (18).JPG

Since there were very low miles on the sled, we pulled the dust covers off the speedo side lower bearing and repacked the bearing.

Apex Track Extension (19).JPG

Apex Track Extension (20).JPG

Last edited:
Just had Ulmer do the exact same thing with mpi boost, and full hygear suspension front and back on my 2012

Tom what did you think of the 136" and the EPS together? Did you get as much push as the older models (Attacks)? I'm running 13mm sway bars, C&A skis, and dual rate springs with a 136" setup on the EPS, and was running into a lot of ski lift with the 128" alone on stock springs. Trying to get her to rail flatter..... a little slide with the push is ok, but push, and lift sucks IMO

Tom what did you think of the 136" and the EPS together? Did you get as much push as the older models (Attacks)? I'm running 13mm sway bars, C&A skis, and dual rate springs with a 136" setup on the EPS, and was running into a lot of ski lift with the 128" alone on stock springs. Trying to get her to rail flatter..... a little slide with the push is ok, but push, and lift sucks IMO

Its not much different as far as push. I run my Floats on 65psi and that keeps the front way down. I also had the rear spring changed and re-valved by Pioneer in my 128-136 sled and that keeps the front down with less sit in at the rear. Main goal is to try and get the front A-Arms straight across to get it to work the sway bar faster.

I see. Well we will see this weekend. Heading to Watersmeet to try it out. Thanks for the help

Could you have used a 136" vector extension? Oh and why go to a 137 vs the 136 which would not have required swapping the drives? What are the benefits? I'm going to be changing my track this summer and was thinking about going to a 136".

Could you have used a 136" vector extension? Oh and why go to a 137 vs the 136 which would not have required swapping the drives? What are the benefits? I'm going to be changing my track this summer and was thinking about going to a 136".
No it does not fit. The 137 track is a 2.86 pitch that's why the difference in 1 inch. The rail and tunnel extensions are the same it's just the length of the track. The only reason I decided to use the XTX extension is because it is relatively cheap and easy to use.

Here is a option to extend your 128" Apex to a 136" The following is a list of parts you can buy to do this.

• I opted to use a 9191H Ice Attak XT 137 x 15 x 1.22, 2.86" pitch, Pre-Studded, Full clipped tracks
  • To use the above track I need to change the drivers to the 2.86 drivers from Yamaha ( 8HK-47531-10 and 8HK-47532-10). There are handed drivers so you will need both listed.
  • I also used the extension plate (8HN-21917-00-00) and bumper (8HN-77541-00-00) from a Apex XTX as well as a heat exchanger (8HN-1241A-00-00)
  • Tracks USA Rail Extension: YAM-AP-2044" Rail extensions for 2010 to 2014 Yamaha snowmobiles with hollow rear axle. 121" to 128", 128" to 136"
View attachment 101494

View attachment 101495

View attachment 101496

View attachment 101497

View attachment 101498
Side view of the small tube extension we added to cover the heat exchanger.

View attachment 101499

View attachment 101500
Underside view of the small tube extension.

View attachment 101501

View attachment 101502
Had to move the track adjusters to maintain the same distance from the rear axel to the adjuster.

View attachment 101503
Track USA sure makes a nice billet rail extension. Great Fit and Finish.

Why did you change the drivers,
Just curious if there was an advantage to that, I recently swapping my track for the same track but a 144" length from Tracks USA using stock pitch drivers and extended the tunnel and custom made rails to accommodate the same monoshock suspension.
JG

Why did you change the drivers,
Just curious if there was an advantage to that, I recently swapping my track for the same track but a 144" length from Tracks USA using stock pitch drivers and extended the tunnel and custom made rails to accommodate the same monoshock suspension.
JG

The drivers were only changed because of the pitch of the track that I was putting on. Standard pitch for a Yamaha track is 2.52 and I went to a 2.86 pitch track.

Hey Tom

I have the same sled, supercharged. Just wondering if your setup will work with the 144" tracks USA rail extensions / XTX extension, and I am also curious why you had to replace the stock rear cooler. Mine is in storage and I hadn't looked to close at it to be honest, but I figured it could be just moved back.

Thanks

Hey Tom

I have the same sled, supercharged. Just wondering if your setup will work with the 144" tracks USA rail extensions / XTX extension, and I am also curious why you had to replace the stock rear cooler. Mine is in storage and I hadn't looked to close at it to be honest, but I figured it could be just moved back.

Thanks

It would work great for a 144. The problem with the rear cooler is once you move it back the tubes are not long enough and you would need to make or modify the sides to pop the cooler tubes thru and then figure out someway to user the rear tube covers.

Back