• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Apex Skid Plate

Tailboard208

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Apex XTX
2009 Venture RS
Does anyone have pics of the OEM Apex skid plate mounted? Does it cover back to the bulkhead and front exchanger?

No Pics, but yes, you are drilling out four rivets in the metal skid plate, including the two outer and farthest back that are visible in the metal skid plate for the rivnuts. Goes pretty tight to the heat ex-changer.

There's a thread on here somewhere about using a different rivnut that holds better/longer than the ones supplied with the oem skid plate. From McMaster Carr I think. I used them and on/off the last 5 years for oil changes with no issue, all screws still hold tight..worth a check.

It covers the entire bottom side of the bulkhead to the back edge adjacent to the heat exchanger.
And as Caveman said, the riv-nuts supplied with the kit do not have sufficient grip range for the application. I installed the plate with the next size up riv-nut (grip range 4.2mm-6.6mm) and worked like a charm.
Word of caution, use a depth stopper on your 10mm drill bit so you don't damage anything up inside. I slipped a piece of small pipe over the bit so it bottomed out.

Back