• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Apex xtx clutchig question

icebreaker

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 xtx
My apex has never seen 10,800 on the tach , more like 10,200-10,400 at wide open since new. It has 6000 miles on now and no better, I had checked the secondary spring settings and are correct. Ran different belts and no change even went to Ulmers pc5 mapping open air box and no change other than the throttle response is much cleaner and a little better on fuel mileage. Just went through the exup adjustments made sure it was opening up all the way like the other posts on here and still know change. My sled always had not so good top end because my friends 2011 walks away from me. Don't know what else to try other than new clutch springs maybe originals are bad??? I tried setting the secondary one setting tighter but make the top end worse but way better back shifting. My stock clutching always had a little squealing going on when in the tight windy trails when on and off the throttle when you are pushing it fast. Maybe some one knows what to do. I always thought it needed time to break in because my 2006 I had with 10,000 mile always ran the best, really strong and would put this one to shame. Any other ideas other than going to a turbo???? I wish.

Maybe look if your throttle bodies open at maximum..

My Viper blades were not opening at 100% from the factory, and there was a 300rpm missing.

Back