• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 MPI 162 Nytro 2.6 track?

MileHighJSC

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 MTX 162 mpi
I picked up a 2011, 162 mtx MPI turbo with 400 miles on it last season. Not liking the oem Maverick track. I want to put a 2.5 or 2.6 inch track on it. It looks like there is plenty of room for the exhaust Clarence. The tight spot appears to be around the front heat exchanger. It looks like there is about 3/4 of an inch clearance forward of the heat exchanger at present. It has 8 tooth drivers on it right now. I would like to know if anyone knows if this is stock or is 7 tooth stock on 2011 mtx 162. Were the drivers changed because the original owner was riding at 11,000 foot elevation? Also for those of you that are running 2.5 or 2.6 tracks are you all running 7 tooth sprocket’s? When you change to 7 tooth with a 2.6 how much clearance do you end up with? When going to 7 tooth what other changes do I need to make?gearing? Clutching? I will be riding at 6-8k ft. thank you

the 153 used a 3 pitch driver if i remember correctly from when my brother used it on his 04 rx war mod. we used 7 tooth drivers on it as it was the equivilent of 8 tooth 2.52 drivers according to hartman.

2011 Mtx came stock with 7 tooth drivers. They were still the old style, 4 drivers, inners were involute, outers were the extroverts. In 2012 they updated the drivers to a pair, which were the combo into/extro drivers which were still 7 tooth.

2011 Mtx came stock with 7 tooth drivers. They were still the old style, 4 drivers, inners were involute, outers were the extroverts. In 2012 they updated the drivers to a pair, which were the combo into/extro drivers which were still 7 tooth.

Do you know why they would’ve put 8 tooth drivers on the sled? With it being boosted do you think they wanted more track speed for climbing? If you’re riding at 11,000+ feet there probably aren’t meny trees the dodge so it would be all wide-open riding and climbing? Or because bigger drivers are more efficient?

I have the 2.6 162 power claw track on mine works great I have avid 7 tooth drivers and there is about 1/4” of clearance. As for clutching post what you have and people could advise from there.

Do you know why they would’ve put 8 tooth drivers on the sled? With it being boosted do you think they wanted more track speed for climbing? If you’re riding at 11,000+ feet there probably aren’t meny trees the dodge so it would be all wide-open riding and climbing? Or because bigger drivers are more efficient?

Not sure why but you will want to drop to 7T.

Back