• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Mystery Sled!!!

This is the DELTA FRAME that use to be tubular aluminum and now seems like some kind of LIGHT weight PLASTIC or FIBROUS material...

Green arrow is the air box sensor

Yellow is dash pod support

Red is engine block

Attachments

• Delta Frame '11.jpg
    Delta Frame '11.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 261

Using recent construction information, that is likely die cast aluminum. I would assume there is more than just the spar(is that the right word?) that has been changed to die cast.

Tom thanks for the site, sorry for the abuse. The response shows us why this is a great site. We do not like personal attacks and I applaud the apologies. Lets keep it mature.

I take it this way. Tom gave A's to the best Apex he has ever ridden.

Others complain that it is not a total revamp to the sled of their dreams.

I think both are likely correct. It is likely the best Apex so far and it is not the sled of someone else s dreams

Keep up the good site

Yamadoo / Mark

Good post apltx08! I agree with crewchief47 it looks more like die cast aluminum.

By Feb 2nd will already now everything there is to know about this reveal. Only 4 days left to figure out the engine. lol

Wow, such a long thread, some great thoughts and opinions..... Ok, where to start....

First off, this is Tom's site, and yes, he can post whatever he wants, regardless of who "sponsors" the site by advertising on it. It's his own opinion and perogative to keep the sponsors happy. From meeting him and talking to him over the years, I feel that he has a sincere obligation to us, the TY members as well. He is proud of what he has created for us to use, as well as the associations he's brought us into with the sponsors. I have done very similar for my winemaking web site.

Well, everyone has their own opinion, and everyone here seems to be playing nicely. some people just get too excited when others disagree, or don't see things the way they do. Tom has created this space for us to share our thoughts and opinions, that's one of the reasons we love this site.

Now, on to the sled stuff.... Disclaimer: This is my opinoin, thoughts and recommendations. Is this a new sled? I don't think so. Actually, I don't think that Yami's changes in the past giving an existing sled a new name classify as a "New Model". Eveyone knows that the Apex LTX is still an Attak. The new styling of the Viper back in 2002, the RX1, Apex models, teh new Phazer and Nytro sleds... Now, those were new sled models.... again, In my opinion.

From what I see, we have a standard apex body, some little changes, a better performing engine (this is speculation from others' reports), a longer track, EPS, better heated grips, and a silk screen makeover of the cluster guage. I'm sure there's more, but I haven't seen the new sled in person.

Hype each year has everyone excited... The manufacturers do a great job with this too. Everyone wonders... "Is this the sled that I have to have?" "Do I need to sell my old sled and lawn mower, buy a goat, so I can buy this sled?" (the goat is to eat the grass) Each year, everyone of us has a wish list of what we think our perfect sled would be. We all hope that this is the one... Let this sled make my snowmobiling the best its ever been. Let it summerize, wash and wax itself too when I'm done for the season. Haa haa

Anyway, everyone gets excited, no need to pee on someone else's parade. Keep in mind, this is just one sled in the Yami lineup.. Where's the 144" Apex?

As for me, I recently put on a new set of skis on my 2007 Attak GT. I had been considering upgrading to a new sled if "this was the year to do it", meaning it was my dream sled. However, after puting Nytro Mountain skis on my Attak, I have a new sled as far as I'm concerned. It handles great with capable one handed operation over moguls at widely varying speeds.

Ok, I'm done ranting. I apprecaite eveyrone postings, Tom's from the beginning and everyone else's along the way.

Cheers all, keep the shiny side up.
Joel

Tom, great job on site, much appreciated, dont let a few get u down.. I dont post much but read all the time, thanks again! Randy in NY.........

great info tom some of us will use it wisely. please remember no matter what the factory gives them even if it's from a detailed wish list someone will have something to complain about. i am willing to bet that even though we hear from these naysayers how much better brand x is, if we were to go to their brand specific forum someone would be complaining about them. keep up the good work.

larry

Back