• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Nytro XTX code 81? Help?

I was out riding some backcountry this weekend with some friends and will playing on some hills in the powder my warning light came and was flashing code 81. Now I know this is telling me there is an open or short circuit in the handwarmers.

I went through the connections and everything looks good, fuses are good, and doesn't appear to have any broken wires. I did check the resistance in the thumb warmer and hand warmer circuits and the thumb warmer is within spec but the hand warmers show no resistance. This leads me to believe that one of the elements are gone. I also notice I cannot adjust or even toggle the display to show the handwarmers setting. Could this mean my switch may have shorted causing the code 81. I find it hard to believe my elements went bad already as the sled only has 1500 miles now.

It still has YES warranty so I will likely take it to the dealer and get it taken care of but that won't be until later this week and is bound to come with a bunch of headaches. Just wondering if there are things I can check or potentially fix before having to go to the dealer. Thanks

Thats what I'm figuring but didn't know if the elements could be good and maybe with all the snow I was getting on the bars if the switch could have shorted out causing the open circuit. :o| Not a huge deal as I can get it covered under warranty, just more of a inconveinince I guess

I had that happen last winter. I replaced the elements and the code cleared it self right quick.

Pain in the butt of a job to do. Had blisters for a week from putting new grips on.

Mine started flashing this code yesterday. I thought I was giving to have to tow the sled back because the engine symbol flashes. But for a hand warmer? Way to cause undue panic!

Back